Family Room
Michael and I's suite and bathroom
With 11 of us flying standby, it took 3 flights to get there and Mike and I were the last ones to arrive. It was almost midnight by the time we landed and my Dad pulls up in an 11 passenger white van that spells out "WE'RE MORMON!!" Haha, hilarious! It worked and it was cheaper to get one big van than to rent multiple cars.
And then we played "September" by Earth, Wind, & Fire at midnight for Connor's 19th birthday. It starts out:
Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the mind of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away
Love was changing the mind of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away
That was tons of fun singing to him and I'm glad my mom thought to do that. We stopped at the grocery store before heading to the Pettit's cabin and found out once we arrived that Kelly's bag was left at the airport. It was NOT funny at the time, but I laughed my head off the next morning knowing my Dad and Cameron had to drive back to the SLC airport, about 3 hours round trip, to get her bag. A trip is never fun without any mishaps, right?! :)
The 2012 HGTV Home we didn't win
We watched movies, played pool, ping pong, foosball, pinball, Battle of the Sexes, Catch Phrase, UNO, and Guesstures and of course we watched the ASU game on a laptop for as long as the Internet connection would allow us to.
Highest Score - 137,960
Guesstures Champions!
Our Devils beat Utah!
FEAR THE FORK
We decided to take family pictures since Connor will be gone for 2 years. Family pictures with a tripod, an 8 month pregnant lady, and a 20 month old = FUN TIMES! We took TONS of shots and the first picture we took turned out the best. Go figure. I honestly love every single one of these guys no matter how many times we argue and make up! I'm so grateful for the family I have and thank Heavenly Father often for the parents and siblings I was given.
My mom cooked for us (Thanks, Mom!) and her meals were delicious. Cameron even made breakfast for us one morning. And we ate out a few times as well.
I got stung by a bee and cried like a baby. It hurt way more than I thought it would. My arm swelled and it was super red around the sting so I called my doctor just to be safe and they told me to go to Urgent Care, which I didn't do. Haha! #afraidofbeesnow
- Connor and I on his 19th Birthday -
I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but my heart is heavy and I want my brother to know how much I'm going to miss him. It kills me that he won't meet my daughter for the first time until she's 2 years old. He reports to the MTC October 31st and I'm due November 13th. Totally not the end of the world, but it's still sad and I try really hard not to cry about it. I'm going to miss his sense of humor - Last night at my parents he jokingly made fun of my Mom and we all laughed, even my Mom, and I will miss that...You see, he's the only brother I have. I've sent friends and cousins on missions, but sending one of your siblings on a mission is different. There is more of an emotional attachment. As happy and proud of him as I am, I wish he didn't have to leave until after my baby was born. However, he has decided to serve the Lord for 2 years and that is worth waiting to meet my daughter if he can bring those who are searching for truth closer to the Savior. A mission is a sacrifice and I wish I would have served one. I love you, Connor! Be prepared for LOTS of pictures!!
"I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me..."
~ xoxo ~




































2 comments:
This was the best trip, just being able to spend time together before Connor leaves and I really loved all the pictures. Sad he won't be here when Brielle is born but we will have to show her lots of pictures.
That's a sweet post, Lins! I know how you feel--having a brother leave on a mission to fulfill a priesthood duty is a big sacrifice not just for him, but for the family, to. It is so sad that you're due just 2 weeks after he leaves. Maybe you'll get lucky and have Brielle on October 30th. : )
But, even if she doesn't come early, when the day comes that she gets to meet her Uncle for the first time, I am positive that he will be a great uncle to her and that she will grow to love and appreciate him, and it will still be a special day when they meet.
I loved this post--it's so fun your family got to go to the cabin!
Post a Comment