Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

28 & 29

August is the month of birthdays for this family and I can tell you I'm the smaller number of the two! :) Both of our birthdays were fun filled days of things we each wanted to do. Our birthdays are three days apart (Mike - Aug 25th / Lindsay - Aug 28th) which is kind of fun but not for the bank account #nobabiesborninaugust

Mike's Birthday - He worked in the morning and then we went to Outback for dinner and saw "The Bourne Legacy", his choice. He got basketball shorts and socks, a ball cap washer, and a movie bucket with popcorn and M&M's from his lovely wife. My parents gave him a nice pair of jeans (he has two pairs now!) and his family gave him a hat, a book, socks, basketball shoes, Pei Wei gift card, and a Google Nexus (Scott is now his "favorite" brother). S.P.O.I.L.E.D.


This is the only picture we took on his birthday and I wish we would have taken more, but here he is eating a Bloomin Onion which he was very proud of considering how much he hates onions.

Mike's

Lindsay's

Lindsay's Birthday - I took the day off so I could spend it with Mike who already had the day off. Sea World and a new bed set was our birthday gift but he insisted on giving me something to open and gave me a handheld back massager, a "maternity" ASU shirt, and the sweetest birthday card ever with money in it!! I started to cry when I saw the money. We have been very strict with our finances, budgeting for a baby and all, and some pay periods have been harder than others. At Southwest, employees will put money on their shift if they need someone to work for them and Mike picked up additional shifts that had money on them of which he saved and gave to me for my spending. I immediately thought of bills I could pay, but he told me I could only have the money if I spent it on anything BUT bills so I got my hair colored after 5 months of ugly roots! He will never know how much that meant to me.  

We ate breakfast at Joe's Farm Grill and of course my meal was free! The food was delicious and Mike rearranged my bacon for me :) I went to lunch with my girlfriends and then Mike and I ate at Costa Vida for dinner. 

 
~ What 18 years of friendship looks like ~

I've known Debra Jo and Jenny since we were 10 years old (5th grade). It's crazy how long we've known each other and that we're still friends after all these years! Debra Jo has been married for 8 years and has 3 boys: Tyson (5), Emmett (3), and Miles (5 months). Jenny has been married for 5 years and has a boy and a girl: Hudson (2) and Eliot (11 months). I've only been married for about a year and a half and am having my first baby next month. Although we've been at different stages of our lives for the last several years, we've always managed to get together year round, especially on our birthdays. They took me to Pei Wei for lunch and I had so much fun! LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

PS My husband is the BIG 3-0 next year! 

1 comment:

d.jo said...

LOVE YOU, TOO, LINS! Cute post!