June 26th was the BIG day! Ever since we decided to find out, the day could not have come sooner!!! It felt like Christmas! I took a half day at work and Michael had the day off. We ate lunch at Costa Vida before heading to our appointment. He has been to every appointment with me, ultra sound or not, and it has been so much fun to experience this together.
In the lobby at the doctor's office...
We wanted to find out the gender of our baby in a fun way and decided to have a baker bake a cake with blue or pink frosting in the middle. This was tricky...At the beginning of our appointment the ultra sound tech asked if we wanted to know the gender and we said yes but not tell us during the ultra sound. She asked if we were having a gender party and we said YES! Never thought of it as a gender party, but I liked the sound of that :) We asked if she could snap a picture of "the goods", write "BOY" or "GIRL" on it and put it in a sealed envelope and she did just that.
Our appointment was at 1:30pm and we didn't find out until 9:00pm that night?!? Do you know how many times we stared at that envelope??? Michael even held it up to the light, but couldn't see anything :) It was pure torture, but worth the wait as we celebrated with both of our families that evening (when we could get everyone together).
What we did in the mean time:
Picked up the gender cake at Bashas...
Went and saw...(very cute!)

...and Michael finished last minute party details while I went to mutual.
PS The envelope was in my purse the whole time and I didn't peek!
The Bashas' baker was SO INCREDIBLY NICE!!! She made TWO cakes for us, one with pink frosting and one with blue, even though I only asked for one. We planned on dropping the envelope off after our appointment and going back later that night to pick it up, but she called me the day of and said she made one of each so we didn't have to come back! And we only had to pay for one! Too kind, EXCEPT she told me she was going to show me which was which and I told her not to tell me because it would ruin the surprise...
BAKER: "How am I going to know which cake to give you?"
ME: "I'm going to hand you an envelope with a picture of the gender that says "BOY" or "GIRL" on it."
BAKER: "OH, I SEE! You and your husband want to be surprised too?!"
ME: "YES!!!"
Good thing she called me ;) It turned out perfect!
We asked everyone to guess the gender before cutting the cake, and a majority thought it was a boy. My father in law asked if there was a prize for guessing right such as being in the delivery room, which I QUICKLY declined :)
PS The envelope was in my purse the whole time and I didn't peek!
The Bashas' baker was SO INCREDIBLY NICE!!! She made TWO cakes for us, one with pink frosting and one with blue, even though I only asked for one. We planned on dropping the envelope off after our appointment and going back later that night to pick it up, but she called me the day of and said she made one of each so we didn't have to come back! And we only had to pay for one! Too kind, EXCEPT she told me she was going to show me which was which and I told her not to tell me because it would ruin the surprise...
BAKER: "How am I going to know which cake to give you?"
ME: "I'm going to hand you an envelope with a picture of the gender that says "BOY" or "GIRL" on it."
BAKER: "OH, I SEE! You and your husband want to be surprised too?!"
ME: "YES!!!"
Good thing she called me ;) It turned out perfect!
We asked everyone to guess the gender before cutting the cake, and a majority thought it was a boy. My father in law asked if there was a prize for guessing right such as being in the delivery room, which I QUICKLY declined :)
12 of us thought BOY - Look at Rylan's face!!
9 of us thought GIRL - Including Bauer!!
By the way, Michael thought it was a boy, wanted a boy, referred to the baby as "he" and "him" since day one and changed his mind last minute.
IT'S A GIRL!!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!
We're having a GIRL and couldn't be more excited! What a special moment this was for Michael and I. We are SO GLAD
we found out the way we did. Everyone had a blast and it was definitely
worth the wait! I want to thank my sweet sisters, Kelly and Cassie, for
video taping and taking pictures!!!
We checked the envelope to confirm the baker gave us the right cake, and it's definitely a girl!

Our baby girl is healthy and strong and nothing appeared abnormal during the ultra sound. We were so excited to see how big she had gotten but the little stinker was face down and wouldn't turn over so we got zero face shots :( The ultra sound tech was pressing on my belly with the wand several times to see if she'd flip over, but no luck. We were bummed, but we got a few shots of her arm and hand! She also clapped during the ultra sound, it was SO CUTE!!


I was exactly 20 weeks the day of our appointment (06/26/12) so I'm half way through, which is hard to believe, but exciting at the same time. When Michael and I prayed that night, he thanked Heavenly Father for "our baby girl" and it made me tear up. His prayer was so genuine and sweet. We are blessed beyond measure!
June 29, 2012 ~ 20 Weeks / 3 days
July 1, 2012 ~ 20 Weeks / 5 days
And we might have just agreed on a name! We'll see how many times it changes :) I love that I'm pregnant and it's all I think about. I cannot wait to meet her! xoxo



2 comments:
I am so excited for the two of you! So fun to have a gender party. Congratulations! Enjoy the last 19 weeks.
I got teary eyed when I saw your pictures that night. You & Michael look so happy, and I'm so happy for you guys! You're going to be fantastic, fun, and stellar parents. She's one lucky girl to have you as a mommy. : ) We can't wait until she gets here, too.
Post a Comment