Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 9, 2012

6 Day Staycation



I had 3 days of PTO that I was going to lose if I didn't use them by July 11th so I decided to take off July 3rd, 5th, and 6th since I already had the 4th off as a paid holiday. It was a great 6 days and I'm so glad I took some time off. The dreaded Monday came waaaay too quickly!

Michael worked every day except for Saturday and Sunday, which was a huge bummer, but he got overtime on the 3rd and 4th which we are grateful for. Every little penny counts! 

 

On the 4th of July, I went clothes shopping for the baby! My mom came along and it was so fun to go shop for our sweet baby girl. I got all of these outfits for $20! Later that night, we went over to Michael's parents house after he got off work and ate and played some games. I especially loved the weather on the 4th, cloudy and not blistering hot! I love this country and all of the freedoms we have, especially the freedom of religion. What a blessing!

- I cleaned my house, baseboards even, and was EXHAUSTED! 

- Took Mr. Bauer to the spay and neuter clinic for his annual shots. SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE VET! Woot! He did great! I love my pup. 

 - I have the sweetest husband in the world, hands down! Love him to death...


- Got my haircut too and love it! I just cut off a few inches and added some layers. It feels so fresh and clean.

- Went and saw The Amazing Spider-Man with Connor and my parents and it was way better than I thought it'd be.


- Got my Etsy order in the mail! I was so excited to give Rylan her shirt. Had to make sure it fit ;) I seriously can't wait to take a picture of my little girl with her "Big Cousin Rylan"!! ADORABLE


We finished our week off by going up north and hanging with the Borden's and Tenney's in Heber. It was so much fun! Every year, Heber puts on a 4th of July celebration the first weekend in July and has the best fireworks show I've ever seen. Last year was the first year I would have been able to take Michael, but they didn't have a fireworks show because of the forest fires, so I've waited an entire year to take him. He loved it and wants to go back every year, and so do I!


 Driving up to Heber


The fireworks are done at the local high school. Everyone goes to the field around 4pm (some earlier) and mark their spot with blankets and chairs, but the fireworks don't start until about 9pm. We played UNO and Catch Phrase and chatted while we waited for the sun to go down (I won UNO twice!). They also have food for sale and small games for the little kids.

 


Mitch & Deej


Emmett fell asleep


Baby Miles - 9 weeks old


Friends for 18 years, love her!
 

Belly shot


Tyson loves Michael and they played together tons!


 Tyson wanted to be in our group shot. It was so cute!
We love the Borden's!



The fireworks at 6500 ft elevation with jet black skies and echoing canyons makes for a fantastic show! Not to mention the weather is amazing up north.  It cools down so much at night, I love it. Here is just a small glimpse of the fireworks show, enjoy!

 
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

4 comments:

Courtney B said...

Just found your blog... you and your husband are SO cute! Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm loving all the baby clothes you bought. And for $20?? Awesome! We find out the gender of our baby in 3 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT! :) It would be better for our bank account though if we didn't find out for a couple more months, ha ha!

Jamie said...

Great post. I love the pictures of you guys with Mitch and Deej and Tyson. The picture of Mike and Tyson is so cute! Glad you guys had a good time. Really can't wait for that baby to get here. :)

Unknown said...

um i want to go baby clothes shopping with you!! i have good taste ;)

d.jo said...

Haha! I LOVE your pictures! I have to copy them since I only had a few on my camera. So glad you guys came up for the 4th! And have we really known each other for 18 years? 5th grade feels like yesterday. Holy cow! I love you to death, Lins. I'm so lucky we're friends.

Those baby clothes are darling.