I felt my baby move for the first time last Sunday (06/10/12 - 17 Weeks 5 Days). Everyone was telling me I'd start to feel something between 18-20 weeks and since this is my first pregnancy, I wasn't sure what to expect or if I'd really know it was the baby and not my stomach growling or a gas bubble :) Some told me it feels like butterflies, others said it feels like bubbles or popcorn popping, but none of these descriptions matched what I felt.
Mike and I had just finished eating dinner at my parents and I was sitting on the couch next to my Mom. I felt a very slight shifting movement, that felt a bit like indigestion, and it tickled somewhat and then a few seconds later I felt it again and KNEW it was the baby! I yelled, "I JUST FELT THE BABY MOVE!!!" It was the coolest feeling ever and I wanted to feel it over and over again. I have felt the baby move every day since then. It really is the hardest thing to describe because I can't feel the baby's hands, arms, feet, or legs kicking me. I can just feel movement.
It's amazing to me that something is growing inside of me. It's even more amazing to me that Heavenly Father trusts my husband and I with one of His spirit children. What a blessing it is to conceive and experience pregnancy. I've thanked Him every day for this little miracle.
I'm 18 weeks today! Baby is the length of a bell pepper (Length: 5 1/2 inches, head to bottom, and weighs almost 7 ounces).
And we find out the gender in 2 weeks! I'm thinking BOY...what do you think?!?!


3 comments:
Boy :D
It's a girl...to marry Tyson.
I know that it feels like indegestion at first, but I think that "flutters" sounds prettier...even if it's not an accurate description for the first movements. Haha!
Post a Comment