WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!
BABY #1 IS ON THE WAY!!
Our due date is November 13th and I'm 17 weeks today! Michael wants a boy and I'm excited for either :) He wrote me a sweet note shortly after we found out, and in it he said, "I'm so grateful to have you as my wife and for this great and wonderful opportunity we have to be parents here very soon." I love him.
I took a pregnancy test on Saturday, March 3rd, even though I hadn't missed the "lovely" monthly duty yet. I saw 2 pink lines, but the first line was so faint I wasn't positive so I drove to Walgreens that night (Michael was working) and bought the tests that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". I was too nervous to take another one so I waited until Sunday morning.
Michael was reading at the kitchen table when I got up. I took a test, without telling him, and within a minute it flashed "Pregnant"!! I jumped up and down ALL.BY.MYSELF. and then quietly walked over and stood behind him before shoving the test in front of his face. I remember him saying, "NO WAY!" Such a cool moment I'll never forget.
Everything was all fine and dandy until I was 5 1/2 weeks...and then the allllll day morning sickness kicked in. I can't complain because I know others who've had it worse than me, but it was hard. My diet consisted of jello, yogurt, and popsicles for over a month. SO HAPPY to be able to taste food again!
We told my parents when I was 8 weeks along by going out to Chili's for dinner. We gave them a large plastic Easter egg to open with the onesie inside. It was so fun and my mom and I cried.
We waited to tell everyone else, including Michael's parents, until his sister Megan got married so she could have her special day. It wasn't fair to tell the rest of my family and all of our friends when his parents didn't even know. TRUST US...it was the LONGEST 12 weeks of our lives!! Yet, we wouldn't have done it differently.
We went over to Michael's parents the morning after Megan got married (Cinco de Mayo) and were DYING to tell them, but ended up running a few errands with Michael's Dad before we could finally spill the beans! It seemed like an ETERNITY before we made it back to the house. Michael wadded up the onesie and told his Mom that someone left "this" at the reception last night. She looked confused and then once she realized what it was she danced and jumped up and down and ran over and hugged ME, not Michael! Hahaha! It was so sweet to see how excited she was! My father-in-law was just standing there, saying nothing, and I yelled "WE'RE PREGNANT!" and he said, "Whaaaat?" What an awesome day that was.
We went over to Michael's parents the morning after Megan got married (Cinco de Mayo) and were DYING to tell them, but ended up running a few errands with Michael's Dad before we could finally spill the beans! It seemed like an ETERNITY before we made it back to the house. Michael wadded up the onesie and told his Mom that someone left "this" at the reception last night. She looked confused and then once she realized what it was she danced and jumped up and down and ran over and hugged ME, not Michael! Hahaha! It was so sweet to see how excited she was! My father-in-law was just standing there, saying nothing, and I yelled "WE'RE PREGNANT!" and he said, "Whaaaat?" What an awesome day that was.
The announcement!
Most recent ultrasound of our little squirt:
12 Weeks - 6 Days
Our baby waved at us, and look at those feet!
8 Weeks
12 Weeks
16 Weeks
I LOVE these stickers so I can take photos of my belly and watch myself grow. I planned on taking photos regardless, but with these stickers I'll know exactly how far long I am in each photo. So cute!!
We had a doctor's appointment today and I'm right on schedule. We'll find out the gender in 3 weeks at my 20 week appointment where they will do a full anatomy ultrasound. Instead of finding out at the actual appointment, we're going to have the ultrasound tech tell us when to look away, snap a picture of the goods, and put it in a sealed envelope so we can find out in a fun way!
Words cannot express how extremely BLESSED and PRIVILEGED we feel to become parents. Becoming a mother is something I have wanted for a long time. What a miracle it is to have a baby, we are so excited! Thank you so much to everyone for all of your love and support!!! XOXO



2 comments:
So happy to have another grandbaby to love.....no matter whether it is a boy or girl and no matter what you choose to name him/her. We already love this baby!
Those belly stickers are so cute. Where did you get them? It's a good idea. : )
Post a Comment