This is for my husband. He asked me why I don't blog anymore, and quite frankly I asked myself the same question. So here's a recap of the last few months...(and a BIG THANKS to those of you who still read this)...
(Saying goodbye to my hubby @ Sky Harbor)
My Dad scored General Conference tickets from a few different people in
his stake and invited me to go with him to the Saturday morning and
afternoon sessions. My sweet husband let me go even though he got
conference weekend off. Love him!
This is the second time I've been to the new conference center (the first time was with Cassie and my Dad years ago) and I LOVED IT! We sat in the floor seats for the AM session, about 20 rows in front of the prophet, and in the upper middle section for the PM session. I always feel rejuvenated after watching conference and I love being around my Dad, period!! It was awesome even though I was 7 weeks pregnant and walked over 4 miles in high heels and thought I was going to die :) My Dad didn't want to get a rental car and I had no clue we'd be walking that much. Great memories...
Mike's sister, Megan, married Brent Hatch in the Mesa AZ Temple on May 4th. She was a beautiful bride! This was the first sealing I've been to and it made me reflect on my own wedding day. They looked so happy when they entered the sealing room; it was a special day.
Matt took this picture of Mike and I at Megan & Brent's reception. I love it, and I love my husband! He helped set up Megan's reception all day, got sunburned really bad, and was still in good spirits all night. I hope our children take after their Dad's positive attitude. He amazes me every day.
(No makeup and a blurry photo = bad combination)
We celebrated our 1 year anniversary! And this is the only picture we took that day :/ I still can't believe we've been married for over a year now. Time has flown! We met July 25, 2010, got engaged January 20, 2011, and were married May 14, 2011, and now we're expecting our first child due November 13, 2012!!! Amazing how quickly life changes when you find the one you love :)
We spent the whole day together and it was perfect. Ate IHOP for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch, went bowling, watched Mirror Mirror at Harkins, went to the MVD (haha don't ask), went to the mall, and went to Costco!
I love my husband more than life. He is beyond perfect for me and I don't deserve him. XOXO
~ Can I tell you how much I do and don't like cooking?! ~
I like to cook when it turns out. And of course Mike eats anything I make, but I always feel bad when it's "so so". I've been experimenting with meals lately and lets just say this didn't help...
I got over it 5 seconds later :) He loved the enchiladas and it was the second time I've made them. HIS REQUEST! Score!! My mom gave me a chicken pasta recipe, which I made last night and he LOVED it. Love when that happens. I can do this....I can do this....
Angel Moroni was placed on the Gilbert AZ Temple on May 15, 2012. I wanted to watch this so bad, but I couldn't leave work. Mike was able to witness it and took some pictures. He said there were tons of people there and it was a neat thing to watch. We are beyond BLESSED to live just a few miles from this beauty. I cannot wait until it's finished!
Bauer! He's so much cuter when his hair is longer, but it's so hot in the summer time and he's much cooler when his hair is short. Why am I posting this picture? Well you see, Mike is his new groomer! We got tired of paying PetSmart $55 every time we wanted him groomed so we bought $30 worth of clippers and do it ourselves. GENIUS! This is the second time Mike has shaved him this month and he did a much better job this time. I love my pup!
Mike's youngest sister Aubrey graduated from 8th grade and the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, was at the graduation but only because his son graduated too. These boys were chicken and took foreverrrr to go up to him. My mother-in-law finally asked if he'd take a picture with them and started introducing all of us and told him I was pregnant. Awkward! Mike's family doesn't take pictures so I don't have any photos besides this one :)
And finally, my little brother graduated from high school! So proud of this kid. I teared up at his last choir concert but did just fine at his graduation. I'm dreading his mission farewell though :'( 9 years apart and I still think of him as a little kid.
*NEXT POST* Pregnancy update!

4 comments:
Thanks for the post dear. It's about time :)
Didn't know you knew how to comment! Love ya!!
Love this!
I love the rewind & updates. Bauer looks good, too. : )
Post a Comment