Last year, we got engaged 25 days before Valentine's Day so I wasn't expecting anything because I had a GORGEOUS ring on my finger!!! Yet my fiance had roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and a card delivered to my work. I was embarrassed, but loved it! I gave him an iPhone and a handmade sign that said "I Believe You", which now hangs in our room.
This year we decided to keep it low key and agreed to just go out to dinner. We were going to go out the day after V-Day since Michael had to work, but he surprised me and traded shifts with someone so he could get off earlier enough to take me out on V-Day!! Pretty special when I only eat dinner with him a few times a week! *Sigh* We decided to eat at Red Robin, after I got done with mutual, and use the gift card my parents gave us at Christmas.
Before I left for mutual my father-in-law and sister-in-law, Aubrey, showed up with these:
I was pleasantly surprised as you can imagine! My father-in-law gives a few roses to his daughters every year and said he considers me as one of his "daughters" now. It was such a nice gesture! :)
When I came home from mutual, Michael was home, showered, and ready to go. I changed really quick and walked into the kitchen that had a gift on the counter. He got me a present anyway and my heart immediately dropped as I only got him a card. I told him he wasn't supposed to get me anything and he said he wanted to do something special for me not only for Valentine's Day, but it also happened to be our 9 month anniversary of being married and 9 is his favorite number so he decided to go for it!! I waited until after dinner to open his gift and smiled from ear to ear when I saw these:
A new set of scriptures with my married name on it!!! This is probably one of the sweetest things he has ever done for me and I will never forget his thoughtfulness. He is the PERFECT man for me and I love him more than I can ever show him!
Hope everyone else had a FANTASTIC V-Day!!! xoxo

1 comment:
That was really awesome of Gary to include you in his daugther Valentine Day gift. And a great gift from Mike. He's a keeper. :)
Post a Comment