Who flies for free?! WE DOOOO!!!! So.Much.Fun. I have been spoiled rotten with flying benefits from the time I was born until 23 years of age thanks to my Dad's AWESOME job with Southwest Airlines. I can't even tell you how many times I've been on a plane let alone how many times I've been to Disneyland and Sea World! Growing up, that was the "norm". Well, not for my husband. And now we both enjoy the benefits of Southwest so why not take advantage?!
FIRST TRIP?! Los Angeles!
We made a goal to attend the temple where ever we travel and did just that! We landed in Burbank, rented a car, and headed straight to the temple. Neither of us had ever been inside the L.A. Temple so we were pretty excited. Not to mention, the L.A. Temple grounds is where my Dad proposed to my Momma some 29 years ago *Insert "Awwww" here*
I was a little nervous because I didn't know where to go so my husband agreed to meet me at the front after we changed. 40+ minutes go by and he's nowhere to be found. I FINALLY talked to a temple worker and explained that my husband and I were out of town and came to the temple to do sealings today, but he wasn't where he said he'd meet me. WHERE WAS HE?? In the sealing office. I tried not to be annoyed when he told me the temple worker wouldn't let him come get me. My hubby is just too nice, I would have ran the temple worker over ;)
I'm so happy we went to the temple and fit it into our one day trip to L.A. I laugh when I see this picture because it was so bright we could barely see yet it's perfect. The man you see in this photo is the best thing in my life. So happy he's mine, forever!
NEXT?! Lunch @ Subway and then off to SIX FLAGS! It was Halloween weekend and Six Flag's has a thing called Fright Fest where they have a haunted house (which we did not do) and creepy characters that dress up like DEATH that pop out and scare you. I was squeeeeezing my husband's hand! These characters had blood and paint all over them, piercings, chains, screws on their faces, some walked on stilts, and others had sparks and fire coming out of their shoes!! They scared toddlers even! It was fun and scary all at the same time.
Michael had never been to Six Flags and was so excited to ride the SUPERMAN ride. Every other time I've gone to Six Flags SUPERMAN was always closed for maintenance so I was pretty excited to ride it too. He's excited, promise! (see below)
SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton blasts riders at 100 mph backwards on a dual track that spans 900 feet and looms 415 feet in the air, forming a gigantic “L” shaped superstructure. Riders hang face first with a birds-eye-view of the Santa Clarita Valley before plummeting back down to earth. It was beyond awesome!
One of their newest rides was "The Green Lantern". SO NOT worth the 2.5 hours we waited!! :( All of our organs flew out of our bodies and back in and the bar slammed down on our thighs. We absolutely love roller coasters, but not this one! Don't recommend it at all.
We stayed at the park until closing and then headed to Denny's for dinner. Flying for free has its perks, but you have to be smart when you go on quick trips! We saved $$$ by not eating at the park and only buying one refillable drink to share while at the park. Subway and Denny's were cheap meals and our rental car was less then $25. We also slept in our rental car in the back of a LaQuinta parking lot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FUNNY STORY: After we left Denny's, we parked in front of a LaQuinta and Michael ran inside and asked how much it would be for one night. He comes back to the car and "convincingly" says it was a $120 regular price but with his Southwest ID badge our room would be discounted to $80 +/-. Seeing as it was almost 1:00 AM, I STILL didn't want to spend that much to sleep on a mattress for 5 hours when we had to leave by 6:00 AM for the Burbank Airport. So the rental car it was (my husband was not happy about this)!!!
Michael parked in a dark spot adjacent to the hotel where there were no cars around us. We changed into more comfortable clothes, laid our seats back, and went to sleep. 30 minutes later, I have to go to the bathroom and there was NO WAY I was going inside the hotel that we just turned down for $80 so I begged my husband to drive me to a fast food restaurant.
First stop?? IN N OUT! The place is PACKED and the drive-thru has 10 cars in it. He parks and I run to the door full force, pull it towards me, and the doors shake. THEY ARE LOCKED!!! Everyone is starring and I'm trying not to wet my pants! I finally realize they were closed. Sign says they're open until 1:30 AM and it was 1:35 AM. This only happens to me.....
Second stop?? McDonalds! I run in and there are no toilet liners so I squat and reach for the toilet paper and there isn't any. REALLY?! So I open my stall, pants still down, and run to the next stall...hahaha! No one else was in there and I DIDN'T CARE :) Next stall? NO TOILET PAPER. Here we go again running butt naked into the next one and FINALLY, some toilet paper!! Come back to the car and my husband is passed out in the driver's seat.
We go back tothe hotel our designated parking spot and try to fall asleep once more. My husband is so tired he is snoring and his mouth is wide open. I nudge him a few times and nothing works. I finally fall asleep and within 30 minutes I wake poor Michael up and tell him "I'M FREEZING," and beg him to turn the heater on, which he does. We both fall asleep WITH THE CAR RUNNING AND THE HEATER ON FULL BLAST and this time Michael wakes me up and yells, "I'M SWEATING!!" The entire car was all fogged up, it was HILARIOUS!
We woke up on time, made our flight, and caught flies the entire flight home! What an unforgettable fantastic trip!! *And we're getting a hotel next time :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FUNNY STORY: After we left Denny's, we parked in front of a LaQuinta and Michael ran inside and asked how much it would be for one night. He comes back to the car and "convincingly" says it was a $120 regular price but with his Southwest ID badge our room would be discounted to $80 +/-. Seeing as it was almost 1:00 AM, I STILL didn't want to spend that much to sleep on a mattress for 5 hours when we had to leave by 6:00 AM for the Burbank Airport. So the rental car it was (my husband was not happy about this)!!!
Michael parked in a dark spot adjacent to the hotel where there were no cars around us. We changed into more comfortable clothes, laid our seats back, and went to sleep. 30 minutes later, I have to go to the bathroom and there was NO WAY I was going inside the hotel that we just turned down for $80 so I begged my husband to drive me to a fast food restaurant.
First stop?? IN N OUT! The place is PACKED and the drive-thru has 10 cars in it. He parks and I run to the door full force, pull it towards me, and the doors shake. THEY ARE LOCKED!!! Everyone is starring and I'm trying not to wet my pants! I finally realize they were closed. Sign says they're open until 1:30 AM and it was 1:35 AM. This only happens to me.....
Second stop?? McDonalds! I run in and there are no toilet liners so I squat and reach for the toilet paper and there isn't any. REALLY?! So I open my stall, pants still down, and run to the next stall...hahaha! No one else was in there and I DIDN'T CARE :) Next stall? NO TOILET PAPER. Here we go again running butt naked into the next one and FINALLY, some toilet paper!! Come back to the car and my husband is passed out in the driver's seat.
We go back to
We woke up on time, made our flight, and caught flies the entire flight home! What an unforgettable fantastic trip!! *And we're getting a hotel next time :)

3 comments:
Nothing like trying to save a dime or too when you are first married. This whole post made me laugh. Glad you had a good time.
You guys are the cutest. So glad you had a great time. Love you Linds! I laughed too about you guys sleeping in the rental car. I've been there too. :)
LOL! That's HILARIOUS that you had to go to 3 places to find a bathroom, and that you went from freezing to foggy. What a funny story!
Glad you guys went!
Post a Comment