Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Honeymoon!

- - THIS IS MY 299TH POST! - - And I'm waaay behind in blogging!

Our honeymoon was out-of-this-world-FaNtAsTiC!!! Everything went according to plan except for a slight problem with our rental car, but that's a different story. We stayed at the Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale from our wedding night until Monday afternoon and I totally forgot to take pictures of our room, but it was BEAUTIFUL and HUGE and PERFECT and it had a massive tub with jets, and a mini kitchen, and a ginormous bed...should I go on?! ;) Cassie and Jeremy stayed at this resort when they got married and recommended it. We're very glad we stayed there! 

- PHX Airport -

MONDAY -

Off to Florida for a fun filled week of Universal and Disney World!! My wonderful faja provided passes so we flew for free which saved us LOADS of mula, he's awesome :) Michael hasn't ridden planes too much so he was pretty excited. We landed in Orlando late Monday night, got our rental car, and on our way to the hotel, the CHECK ENGINE light came on. It was a Chevy Cruz. Mike would punch the accelerator and the car would take 3 years to get into 2nd gear. We stopped at IHOP and ate around midnight and had the rental car people on speaker. NO ONE ANSWERS PHONES ANYMORE so we drove allllll the way back to the airport and demanded, requested, a different car :) They were going to give us the SAME make/model and we were like "Na, na, na, na, na, na, NO..." and off we went with a FREE upgrade to a Nissan Altima!! Great negotiators I tell ya! ;)

Tuesday & Wednesday - 
Universal Studios Orlando Floridaaaaa!!!!!!!!
We could not have asked for better weather BOTH days we were there. It was perfect and my husband was like a little boy on Christmas morning :) That was probably one of my favorite moments seeing how excited he was to do something he's never done before. ADORBS! The very first thing we did was ride The Incredible HULK which is new and I had never been on it so I was excited too!

Universal Studios Florida has 2 theme parks and we went to Universal's Islands of Adventure on Tuesday, which has the NEW Harry Potter ride, and then Universal Studios Orlando on Wednesday.
The ride was fun except for the part where our brains left our heads and went back in after the ride was over...yeah we rode it once, but we can always say we've ridden the HULK!! :)
Excuse my boy hair and just look at my husband's face. This was his expression 24/7 on the rides...HA HA HA, I loooove it!!! Next, we rode Doctor Doom's Fearfall which is very similar to the Maliboomer ride at California Adventure. It was AWESOME and we saw Doctor Doom himself! DUN DUN DUN!! He was one of the few characters we saw walking around.

Then it was off to The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man in 3-D...
We roamed the Jurassic Park Discovery Center...
And finally entered HOGSMEADE!
The Harry Potter section was RiDiCuLoUsLy CrOwDeD, but so much fun!!! The ride was really cool and we rode it a total of 3 times. One part I screamed, but I won't tell you in case you ever go there and want to ride it! Mike liked it too. The area around the Harry Potter ride was decked out, and I'm not just talking decorations. People were wearing robes/capes (whatever you call them) and carrying around wands. The REAL Harry Potter nerds, haha! :)
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
What we thought was a "line" for a ride turned out to be a line to get into the Harry Potter gift shop!!! MORE THAN AN HOUR WAIT PEOPLE! No thanks ;) After the Potter, we rode the Dragon Challenge (roller coaster), watched The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show (we really like this one), Poseidon's Fury where we ventured through the darkened ruins of the ancient Temple of Poseidon (lame), and OF COURSE we rode The Cat In The Hat - Dr. Seuss :)

~ Went back to the hotel, slept, 
and did it all over again the next day ~

We rode A LOT MORE rides on the second day we were there...We started our day out with the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (roller coaster), SHOWS: Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue, which was a singing/dancing/comedy show and Beetlejuice himself was HILARE. He made jokes with today's current news and we laughed our heads off!! And we saw the Universal Horror Makeup Show (Behind the Scenes of Make-Up Effects - - pretty cool!). We also rode Revenge of the Mummy (My fav!), MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack, The Simpsons, JAWSTWISTER, and saw Shrek 4-D and Terminator 2 (Michael's fav!).

 

The original Back to the Future car.
He was in HEAVEN with this AND this...

 
 One of the cars driven in Fast Five.
Thursday -

We were tired ExHaUsTeD by Thursday and our feet hurt from walking around a theme park for 2 days so we decided to chill and hang out @ the hotel for most of the day. We watched murder shows :) , ate lunch @ Olive Garden, drove to the Orlando Florida Temple and walked around the temple grounds, and got take out @ Chili's for dinner. It was such a fun and relaxing day!!! We would have done a temple session but I forgot my recommend :(
 
This is the second time I've been to this temple. My first visit was when I was 14. My sweet Dad took me and two friends, Debra Jo and Jenny, to Florida for my 8th grade graduation present and we had a BLAST. Brought back some memories :) This temple was BEEOOTIFUL! Thursday was H.U.M.I.D. so it was a good thing we didn't go to Disney World until Friday, so we thought...

Friday -

DISNEY!!!!! My husband had never been to Universal Studios or Disney World, he hasn't even been to Disney Land, so this was like CHRISTMAS to him!! He LOVED every second of it. Although it was the most humid and miserable day the entire time of our stay, we still had tons of fun and just wiped off the sweat and kept movin' :)
 
 
 
 
Don't mind our glistening faces..BAHAHAHA..Friday was H.U.M.I.D. too!! Mike wore a black shirt on the hottest day, poor guy! He looked like he went swimming with his clothes on and used all of the napkins at the park to wipe off his face and forehead (Hyperbole anyone?!?). We HAD to get our money's worth :) He didn't let the heat bother him one bit. He's not a complainer, something I love about him. Although I will say he was disappointed with the length of the lines. I kept trying to tell him a 20-30 minute wait was not a "long line" at Disney and he was still impatient. We really didn't wait in any lines at Universal so he was a little spoiled there and was expecting the same outcome with Disney.

We wore pins that said: "Happily Ever After Mike + Lindsay"and people would say "Congratulations!!" while standing in line, it was fun!

Saturday -  

We took a dip in the pool, ate Taco Bell for lunch, Macaroni Grill for dinner, watched the NBA playoffs, and saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3-D.

 Sunday - 

It alllll came to an end :( Back to reality it was! Both of us were unemployed, in love, and just married and we couldn't have been happier about it!! Flying standby there and back worked out for us quite well, which I was thankful for. My Dad re-routed our trip home so we would have a better chance of not getting stuck at the airport which was very sweet of him to do. We flew from Orlando to St. Louis to L.A. to Phoenix and made it home all in ONE PIECE!

So very glad we went on a honeymoon! It's something that happens once in a lifetime with the love of your life and it was perfect!! xoxo

3 comments:

d.jo said...

I'm so glad you got married. : ) It's SO MUCH FUN, huh?!

I totally wish I got to ride the Harry Potter ride. It looks AmAzInG!

Jamie said...

Yay! You are back! I have been waiting and waiting for you and Cass to blog. I don't always comment, but I ALWAYS read.

Love you,

Mom

Anonymous said...

hi lins love g'ma