Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1 month as Mrs. Fowkes

Today is our 1 Monthiversary!!!!!

And we celebrated. Make fun of us all you want, you know you were like this back in the day ;) We see a lot of each other these days, as we're both unemployed, but we have been very busy these last several weeks settling in, putting weddings gifts away, returning/exchanging gifts, changing my name (that was a task in and of itself), job hunting, etc. So we wanted to have some fun and spend all day together last Saturday.

We slept in and went to the temple later that morning with Cassie and Jeremy. This was the first time we had been back since our sealing. Can I just tell you it was a much more calming feeling the second time around? I wasn't nervous at all and loved it. Afterwards, we all went to Costa Vida for lunch even though Jer is on a diet. THANK YOU TRAASDAHLS!! We love you!

After the temple, we came home and relaxed while watching Mad Men, a new series we started not too long ago. Michael is in summer school taking a jazz class and a math class, calculus...blah, at Chandler-Gilbert Community College and he had a take home test in math that was due on Monday so he tackled that while I continued resting :)

We ended the night by going to dinner and a movie. We try to spend as little money as possible so we pulled out our gift cards from our wedding gifts and ate dinner at Outback and watched Super 8 at Harkins San Tan. THANK YOU GIFT CARDS!!

It was a good day!

I am so happy I'm married. I was ready to be married for quite some time and felt I was not only mature enough, but established and ready to take on the next big step in my life, which was to get married and start a family. Marriage rocks and I'm SO GLAD I'm not missing out anymore!

I love my husband with everything that I am. He's the best thing that ever happened to me.


- Mrs. Fowkes   xoxo

5 comments:

Shay said...

Happy 1 month:-) We STILL celebrate even in just little ways-yesterday was 3 years and 11 months;-)

Erin Horn said...

You two are ADORABLE! I love it, thank Heavens for gift cards. I remember Mike and I totally did the same thing. We saved them for date nights and my favorite we set aside gift cards for us to spend on each other for Christmas! Smartest thing ever cause when Christmas rolled around with out the gift cards we would have been making home made gifts out of left over wedding wrapping paper. lol

d.jo said...

Erin, you crack me up. It's so true, though. That's how it goes sometimes when the $ is tight...oh, wait...that's ALWAYS. : )

I'm glad you guys celebrated your 1 month anniversary. We celebrated our 11 day anniversary by giving our neighbors across the way (who happened to get married on the exact same day as us) a duplicate of one of our wedding gifts...that was a fun morning. Other than that, I only really remember celebrating the yearly dates...but those are fun memories, too. When you're on old fogey like me (married almost 7 years), it's hard to remember these things, but that's why you have a blog. : )

HUGS!

McRae Family said...

Happy monthiversary! We totally celebrated, and no I'm not laughing at you! I am so happy for you and glad you guys are able to spend so much time together. That is so nice in the beginning! We had such opposite schedules that we hardly ever saw eachother the first little while we were married...bleh!! I hope you are able to find a job soon, thats so frustrating, I know!

Jamie said...

I'm happy that you found a great guy who loves you . . . . I didn't want you to get married until you found HIM and you did! Now I hope everything else will fall in to place for you. It will and then you will look back on this and be thankful for what you learned from it.

Love you.