Mesa Arizona Temple
I went to the temple, for my own endowment, exactly one week before I was married (Saturday, May 7, 2011). I had been waiting for this day ever since I was a little girl in Primary, yet I felt like I was not spiritually prepared for this next step in my life. I shared this with Mike the night before and he said he felt the same way before he went through, which made me feel a lot better. The morning of, I threw up. I was feeling all kinds of things. I was so excited, but I was also nervous at the same time. A lot of it was fear of the unknown and I knew that, but I thought I would be more calm than I was. I prayed that morning for peace and comfort. It came later than I wanted it to, but it came when I ran into Sister Carroll, an elderly lady who was working in the temple that day and who was in our family ward for about 10 years when we lived in El Dorado Lakes. My nerves went away. I don't think it was a coincidence that Sister Carroll was working in the temple that day :-)I arrived at 8 am and was done by 12 pm. Initially I thought it was going to feel like church and that 4 hours was going to take forever to pass, but it flew by. I wanted to stay longer and relive what I had just experienced. It was beautiful and amazing and I was so thankful for everyone who came to my endowment.
The temple is the Lord's sacred house. It was a privilege for me to be there and to go through for myself. I took in everything that I could and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm glad I had a good experience and that I was older when I went through because I feel like I understood more than I would had I gone through at a younger age. My favorite part was that I got to wear my Grammy's temple dress, thanks to my Aunt Liz. My Grammy was not able to attend my endowment because she has Alzheimer's. Luckily, I was able to fit into and it made me feel so close to her. My Mom leaned over to me at one point and said, "She would be so proud of you..." and it made me cry. When I saw my Aunt Liz, we embraced and started to cry. I thanked her so much for letting me wear it and told her I wanted to keep it and she told me I could, but my Mom said I have to give it back :-( And I will...someday :P It was a very special day.
7 days later, Saturday, May 14, 2011, Michael and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mesa Arizona Temple. Our sealer, Tim Hall, is a very good friend of my family and we requested that he seal us. I was so happy he was able to. It was so neat to have someone I knew seal us. Before we were sealed, Mike and I were sitting together waiting for our sealer to come talk to us before going into the sealing room and some friends of mine, Melanie and Jake, were sitting across from us. I was surprised to see them and later found out they were there to have their sweet baby girl, Ella, sealed to them who they adopted last year in November. It made me want to cry!! I had no idea they were being sealed to their daughter that day. It was so cool! There was such a sweet spirit there and I couldn't have been happier for them and for Mike and I!!!!
Our sealing was perfect. It was the best sealing I've ever been to!! ;) Mike agrees. We both had waited our entire lives for this day and it was finally here! What a neat experience to be surrounded by loved ones while you are being sealed. It was just awesome!! There are no other words to describe it.
I'm grateful for this church. I'm grateful for Michael and that he asked me to marry him. I'm glad I said "YES"!!! I'm so grateful for my wonderful parents. I love them with all of my heart. I love my siblings and brother-in-laws and I love my extended family, especially my grandparents. I love my friends; I have many of them and they are good to me. I love the temple and I'm so thankful for eternal families. Besides the holy ghost, it is the best gift most precious to me. I am so blessed and eternally grateful for everything I have.
I love you Michael!!!! So happy you are mine...FOREVER!!! xoxo
*Pictures of the wedding to come*



4 comments:
Congrats!! I am so happy for you. I really wanted to come to your reception but all 3 kids were sick. You look beautiful.
Yay, I can't say enough that I am so happy for you! The temple really is such an amazing place and I'm so glad that you got to experience it for yourself! And seriously so cool that you got to wear your grandma's dress! Its so crazy how leading up to the big event seems to take forever then just like that, its over in what seems like a whirlwind then all you want is too relive it over and over again! Anyway, can't wait to see all the pics, you gorgeous girl!
What a great post! I am happy for you! You looked so beautiful and your reception was fabulous! LOVED all the decorations etc! Glad to see you so happy! The temple really is a magical place!
Such a great day! Love you.
Mom
Post a Comment