Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life on Battala Avenue...

...enough said. I literally passed out on the floor while waiting for Mike to finish his homework so we could read scriptures. Apparently Bauer decided to join me :) 

If you're reading this, I'm sure your life is more exciting than mine at the moment. I'm still unemployed and it's partly my own fault. I've had no desire to go out and attack the world for a job. Thank goodness for a savings account. However I'm getting married in less than 5 weeks and reality is a pain in the butt. It set in a few weeks ago, I've just ignored it for as long as possible. My brain keeps reminding me I have a mortgage. BOOO!! and YAY!! at the same time if you know what I mean. Sometimes I wish I was Oprah ;)

Speaking of Oprah, she is one of my favorite people on this earth. I have wanted to attend one of her shows for the last 5+ years and my sweet mother has tried to get me tickets but has not been successful. I'm so sad this is her last year. I REALLY REALLY want to go to one of her shows. Why oh why does she have to end this year?! Bumma.

In any case, I keep reminding myself that things could be worse. I wake up every day thankful for what I have.
So Michael and I work together and have been since Feb. 28th. His parent's own a route and he, WE, run it for them. We deliver Pepperidge Farm products to 13 different stores weekly (Monday - Friday) including Fry's, Albertson's, Bashas', Target, and WalMart. Did you know Pepperidge Farm sells more than Goldfish?! THEY DO! They have all kinds of products besides Goldfish that I never knew about, like cookies, chips, pirouettes, and even croutons! They even make Goldfish Baked Flavor Blasted Vanilla Cupcake Grahams! They are delicious, BUY THEM!!! It actually has been fun and I've learned a lot about how grocery stores operate. Only problem is, it doesn't pay the bills ;)


YUM

Sister got her ears pierced. Said sister is 25 years old!!!!! She FINALLY did it, hooray!! We were not allowed to get our ears pierced in the Levi Household until you were 14 years old. For whatever reason, Kelly didn't want hers pierced when she turned 14 and I guess never got around to doing it. I told her unless she wanted to be the only bridesmaid without earrings on, she had to get her ears pierced AT LEAST 6 weeks before my wedding in order to wear dangled earrings.


If you know anything about Kelly, you know she never does anything alone. She's been this way her whole life. I have VHS tapes to prove it :) We are 18 months apart in age and we were very close when we were little, but grew apart as we got older. We're complete opposites to tell you the truth, but we're sisters nonetheless. Over the last several months we have hung out more than we have in years and I give Baby Ry Ry credit for that. I love it. She has come to every one of my wedding dress fittings, went shopping for jewelry with me, and we even laid out together by the pool at Mom & Dad's today.
I'm proud of her for getting her ears pierced! She was SO NERVOUS and as soon as we walked in Claire's she said, "Lets just go, they're too busy..." and I said, "Hold on, let me find a worker. We got here, you're doing it." And just then I found the manager of the store and asked if she had time to pierce her ears and she said, "Of course!" There was no backing down at that point. You're welcome Keller Beller :)
Tough life, eh?!  
Love this puppy dog to pieces!
Michael made me breakfast Saturday morning. One of the many reasons why I love him. He honestly is so sweet to me, I don't deserve him. It was delicious and I ate it all!

xoxo

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Mmmm...yummy breakfast! You're lucky to have a man that's around in the morning. Todd leaves for work at 4 am. It pretty much bites, but I will not complain! Work is work!

Unknown said...

What happened to your other job? Did you quit? I am sure that you can find something with your fabulous skills! Good luck! I love reading your posts!

Rachel said...

why does my comment say from rob? Weird!

Unknown said...

That is so funny that she just barely got her ears pierced! I had no idea! And I'm going to have to go buy those goldfish...my belly says thanks a lot!

d.jo said...

Reality is a pain, but it's all supposed to bring us joy in the long run.

Love you!

Jenny and Torrey said...

Cute post chippa!! And that is so cute that Kelly just got her ears pierced!! :)

(ps - I am now thinking about going to the store to get some bagels and cream cheese after seeing that breakfast of yours! YUMMY!!)