Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feeling da Blues...

I've had a ROUGH week. And when I say rough, I mean a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD WEEK. As of yesterday, I am unemployed. So on top of dealing with tax season for the last 6 weeks and planning a wedding, the atomic bomb finally landed. Nine years. Amazing, huh? I was only 17 when I started and never thought I would stay as long as I did, nor did I ever think I would leave! Weird, isn't it? I have always felt like my work place was part of my family. Probably because I feel like I "grew up" there. Regardless of the situation, I am grateful for the experiences and opportunities that I've had.

Change is hard, especially when you're accustomed to something. Even when you know there might be something bigger and better, change is still hard. And that goes with anything. This is why I'm so grateful for the gospel because it brings peace in my life. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have for I don't know where I would be without it.

I've never been depressed before, but I think I know what it feels like now. Can I tell you it's AWFUL?! Pretty sure my tear ducts are sick of exploding at least once a day for the last 4 weeks. I'm sick of it too. I've been on this emotional roller coaster for way too long and I'm ready to get off ;)

On a better note, the wedding is STILL on (10 weeks! WOOT WOOT!!), my Dad didn't have to work this weekend, my niece, Rylan, turned 1 month old on Friday, Mike and I took our engagement pictures, and besides my home I am officially out of DEBT!! I paid off the 2 C's this week and I couldn't be happier!!! (C #1 = Credit Card & C #2 = Car)

Tomorrow is a new day.....

9 comments:

Jenny and Torrey said...

That's right, tomorrow is a new day! Chin up Chippa!
I am so sorry you have had such a horrible last few weeks. Change is a hard thing. You have devoted the last 9 years of your life (in addition to graduating from college) to your job. You built a career there and I'm sure it will take a while for you to get over not being there anymore. But on to bigger and better things, right?! Like GETTING MARRIED!!!! Look on the bright side, now you will actually have time for wedding planning and you get to sit back and enjoy the whole engagement process! Plus, you have just conquered two huge goals of paying off things and becoming debt free. I am proud of you and you should be SO proud of yourself! You are AWESOME :)

Sherri Romney said...

Oh wow Linds I never thought that was what I would be reading...I want you to call me. I agree with Jenny 100%. You have plenty to take your mind off of this change for the time being. I CAN'T WAIT to see your engagement pictures!!!
I love you a ton. I am proud of you for paying your car and credit cards off! We just did that (credit cards) and it feels SO GOOD. I miss you and wish I could reach thru my computer and give you a big hug to stop those tears. I am sure whatever the circumstances were/are that you did the right thing and you will have no problem coming out of this on top. You are the hardest worker I know and will excell wherever you move on to from here. I also agree with Jenny--now you can ENJOY being engaged and the wedding planning and everything else in life right now. I have a selfish reason to be glad you are more flexible as well. I will be in town for 2 hours on March 7th (not the 3rd anymore) and now it will be easier for you to make it to hang out with me! Please call me and know I love you so much!!!

d.jo said...

That stinks, and I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry that you don't know what the plan for the future is. There's a lot of stress in not knowing where or what is going to come next. I'm sorry things ended with your job before you had another one lined up. The future is bright though--you have a great resume to offer, all kinds of work experience, an accounting DEGREE, and MAD skills, not to mention a great personality. It could definitely be possible you could find work before tax season ends at a tax shop in need, even....

I hate limbo & know what it feels like to be in a hard spot kind of like that. Hang in there, though, the Lord will guide you to a place you need to be!

HUGS!

Great job paying your debts off!

Unknown said...

Words of wisdom for you: "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

I PROMISE that is the case for you. I know it's hard right now but you have a lot to offer and any work place would be lucky to have you. PLUS you have Mike and that is the biggest blessing in your life. Think of how much more you'll get to see him and enjoy being engaged to him. I love you sista! You're in my prayers :)

Jamie said...

Having been where you are right now I understand how hard this is for you. And you will carry the feelings for a long time. Even so, you are far better off then you may be able to realize at this time. Blessings come in all forms and are sometimes hard to distinguish and recognize. There are many things you have learned through all these years that will help you in the future. At the same time, you are now out of a situation that was dragging you down. Make the most of your time off and you will find a job. The important thing in your life right now is your upcoming temple marriage. You will be able to look back at this time with joy and not sorrow.

I love you and think you are the best.

Shay said...

Wow Lindsay, I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I don't think I have ever seen/heard you sad! You are a beautiful, wonderful person and I am certain great things are in store for you so hang in there:-)

Terin said...

I am so sorry Lindsay. I know the insecurities of unemployment well. It is a sickening feeling and I am sorry you have to go through it. I know something will work out and something better will come along. I am AMAZED that you are debt free. One more thing you can add to the long list of things I admire about you. You are an example to us all.
Love ya!

McRae Family said...

Oh Lindsay, I am so sorry! What a bummer! I know how scary that is to loose your job and not know what is going to happen. I know doors will open right up for you though. And it will give you more time to plan your wedding. 10 weeks will go by so fast!! And I am so proud of you for being debt free other than your house. What an amazing feeling...at least I'm assuming that its amazing, I wouldn't know, HAHA! I can't wait to see your pictures!

~ Natalie ~ said...

Lins, I am sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time. Here I was thinking that my life was rough simply because I washed my cell phone with my jeans last week. But in the end, phones don't matter. Things don't matter. PEOPLE and the relationships we have are what matter most. I admire your strength and ability to look on the bright side. The best advice I ever got while I was unemployed was LIVE IT UP!!! Do the best you can to change the situation, but don't sit around and have a pity party everyday. Enjoy the time you have to plan your wedding and spend time with those you love like little Rylan (oh and Mike! haha)! I love you Lins and I know that you can do anything that you put your mind to!