Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 30: It's A Beautiful Thing When You Love Somebody


Well what do ya know?! I'm FINALLY finishing my "30 Days of Gratefulness" posts that were supposed to be finished by November 30, 2010!! Hahaha! I crack myself up. But you know what?? A goal is a goal, and I may not have completed my goal in the time frame I wanted to, but I completed it nonetheless even if it is 3 months later ;) I have LOTS & LOTS of things to post about and I'm waaaay behind so be prepared for many updates soon!



I'm grateful for L.O.V.E. To me, love is knowing anything and everything about someone and truly loving them for who they are no matter what their flaws may be. It's AWESOME when you love someone and it's even AWESOMER when they love you back!

I'm engaged to THE SWEETEST guy ever who couldn't be more perfect for me. Mike has been a huge blessing in my life and I give props to him for being able to put up with me over these last 7 months. It's amazing he can see the good in me even if I'm having the WORST day ever. I've had a lot going on and have been on this emotional roller coaster since the holidays, which is sooooo not me. The first time he saw me cry was hilarious! He just sat there and didn't really make eye contact with me and when he did, it was only to see if I was still crying :)


We have so much fun when we're together and I think what I love most about him is how genuine he is. We are total opposites, yet we balance each other out. He's picked up dog poop for me without me knowing, has done yard work and pulled weeds with me, made me dinner, buys me things that I like for no reason (food that is and I keep telling him I have a wedding dress to fit into!), we sing and dance, watch TV series together, go to sporting events together, and that's just to name a few. We enjoy each other's company. It's simply bliss. Happy doesn't even describe what I'm feeling right now. I LOVE HIM, and IT IS a beautiful thing!! :)


"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep...wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you...The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her'." - Anonymous

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy, happy happy for you and Mike. I think he's great and I think he's good for you. You are also good for him. And remember all this garbage that you are going through right now will seem like nothing on May 14. Things will work themselves out, especially now that you have someone to share the good, bad and the ugly with and still have fun and love each other. Welcome to the family Mike. We love you.

Unknown said...

Ooooooh Leeensay. I am happy you are happy. I hope you know how much I love you sis. Can't wait for the wedding. It's going to be FABULOUS! (who am i??) hahah;)

McRae Family said...

Lindsay, I am so happy for you!!! I still want to hear thw whole story though! I don't want to wait anymore! And I totally agree, that its so amazing to find someone who loves us even with all of our faults. And I'm pretty sure Chris still doesn't know how to respond when I'm crying.

Rachel said...

Can't wait to meet this great guy!

Shay said...

So precious- Cooper and I are so happy for you! You two make an adorable couple.

d.jo said...

Beautiful Post! What a great way to end your long and successful goal of finding things to be grateful for! I'm glad you did it! I love you Lins & I am so happy for you and Mike. You're right about how you're total opposites, but perfect for each other. It sums you guys up & I agree that you are perfect for each other. All this time we've dreamed/wondered about what your man would be like--and now we know. He's awesome & he's a keeper!

Jenny and Torrey said...

Great job on finishing your goal chippa!!! I definitely need to follow in your footsteps and catch up on my posts since my baby is about to turn 1 and I haven't even posted on Halloween yet!!! Hahaha, oh well. Better late than never, right? Anyway, I am so so SO happy for you and Mike. He is awesome and I agree that although you guys may be opposites, you balance each other out. It is great to see you so happy!! I love you!