Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 29: Traditions

I am SOOOOO grateful for traditions! I LOVE the traditions I have with my friends and family. I feel like traditions help us stay close to the ones we love and I think they are important.
FaVoRiTe TrAdItIoNs:
  • ASU Football Season Tickets with the fam since the 80s
  • Visiting Grammy & Granddad in St. Johns every summer when we were little
  • Mom and Dad making breakfast for us on General Conference mornings ;)
  • Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family
  • The Hokey Pokey ("What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?!")
  • Musical chairs
  • Easter egg hunts at Auntie Liz's
  • Dad taking each one of us kids and two friends wherever we wanted to go after we graduated from Junior High. I chose Florida and took Jenny & Debra Jo. I thought he was the COOLEST Dad ever!! (Still do!)
  • Receiving a special piece of petrified wood from Granddad after we graduated from High School. Mine is on my nightstand :)
  • Having lunch with G'Ma Levi on her birthday and then again on my birthday
  • Going to ALL of Connor's sporting events from the time he was 5 years old even if we had to wake up at 7 AM on Saturday mornings to be at his games by 8 AM
  • Eating dinner together as a family on Sundays
  • Having a girls night out when all of my friends are in town
  • Back tickling trains
  • Rubbing Dad's back, legs, and feet EVERY stinkin' Sunday while we watched Murder She Wrote or whatever else was on Sunday nights throughout the years (You may not think this is a tradition but it was for me!)
  • Annual get up looking like a piece of poop every year at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving (AKA "Black Friday") so we can spend our bank accounts away!
  • Getting a blessing every year before school started
It's just fun and I love it! I hope I can carry on some of these traditions with my own family someday and create some new ones!! HAPPY TRADITIONING!

2 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

I love your traditions! I want to do a girls night next time I am in town. We are actually going to be there Sunday and Monday for our doctors appt Monday morning. Maybe if we don't get there too late we can swing by or you can come over after we put Steele to bed??? I want to meet Mike!

d.jo said...

Amen to traditions! I LOVE THEM!