Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 7: Scriptures

I am grateful for the scriptures, especially for the Book of Mormon. I have never had this big experience where I was reading the scriptures and my prayers or questions that I had were answered while reading, but I know that I am blessed when I do read them. I am not very good at reading them on a daily basis, but I try the best I can to read as much as I can and I really do notice a difference on the days I don't read. I think it is so interesting how prophets of old wrote these scriptures for us so that we could have them in our day and apply them to our life, even if they were written hundreds of years ago.

We have been promised by our leaders that if we study diligently, our power to avoid temptation and to receive direction of the Holy Ghost in all we do will be increased. And I want that.

1 Nephi 15:24-25 says:

"And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."

"Wherefore, I, Nephi, did exhort them to give heed unto the word of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would give heed to the word of God and remember to keep his commandments always in all things."

I'm grateful for the prophets who took time to write things down so that we can have the Holy Ghost testify to us that these things are true, and that Christ is the Son of God. My testimony is strengthened when I read the scriptures and I'm grateful for that.

3 comments:

Shay said...

AMEN, sister! I couldn't have said this better myself;-)

d.jo said...

And your kids are going to be grateful for you because you're in the habit of recording important things in your life & writing down your testimony. Just like the prophets in the scriptures, your words are going to speak loud & clear to your posterity--it's a great legacy of faith to pass on.

Way to be!

McRae Family said...

You are so awesome and have such a great testimony! Thank you for sharing so freely!