I love my country and am proud to be an American. I feel so blessed to have been born and raised in this country and am grateful for the freedoms I enjoy. And I love the 4th!! My good friend, Debra Jo, goes to Heber every year for the 4th of July. Her parents grew up in Heber and they are practically related to everyone up there :) I've been to Heber several times before with Debra Jo's family and have not seen fireworks there since before I left for Hawaii so I was way excited to go this year! I'm tellin' you, Heber's got the
BEST fireworks show in town!!! It's
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and totally worth the drive, I might just have to make this a tradition!!

I invited my friend, Scott, and we drove up on Saturday afternoon. It took about 2.5 hours to get there and we stopped in Payson and ate lunch at Wendy's. Scott paid for my QT
AND Wendy's, nice guy! I tried to pay, since I invited him, and that was not gonna happen so I backed down. Anyway, we had a lot of time to talk and get to know each other better and the ride up was fun! We met up with Mitch and Deej and her family and quickly headed to the field for the town get together and fireworks show. We played SCUM and I was pretty much SCUM every time!! UGH! Fun times though!!!
Mitch, Deej, Me, Scott

It was a great night. I was with great friends, saw an awesome fireworks show, played cards, laughed, ate, and talked. It was some good quality time and it was so nice to get out of this flippin' heat!! It cooled down to about 59 degrees in the evening and it was
CHILLY!! Mitch was kind enough to give me his jacket and Scott ended up having to use Mitch & Debra Jo's son Emmett's blanket to keep warm!! Ha ha! I will spare him the photos we took, or should I say
DEBRA JO took??!
HAHAHA!!! I love the 4th!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
July 6th was Debra Jo's 26th birthday!! Happy Birthday to one of the best people I know and love! It was her son Tyson's 3rd birthday as well! Can't believe he's 3. Jen and I took Deej out to lunch and we ate at the new Tia Rosa's off of Gilbert & Baseline (where the Fazoli's used to be). Us 3 have been the "3 amigos" for awhile now and although we went our separate ways in high school and even after high school we have seemed to keep in touch over the years and our friendship is just the same. I love these girls like they are my own sisters and I don't know what I would do without them!! HaPpY bIrFdAy To Ya DeEj!!!!!!!! XOXO
5 comments:
I miss Fazoli's.
Hahaha, I miss Fazoli's too Cassie! There is nothing like their breadsticks.....so greasy, but SO GOOD!
Cute pic's from the 4th Chippa!! Maybe we will have to go up to Heber for the fireworks next year!
I third the missing Fazoli's! Never been to Heber for fireworks but been to payson lots of times, so nice to get out of the heat. Cute pics, cute friend ;)
Looks like so much fun! Its way better to watch fireworks when its cold out! It just seems more fun than sweating.
I, for one, do NOT miss Fazoli's. Tia Rosa's is way better. : )
This is a super cute post. I love it!
Post a Comment