
I love my Bauer like you don't even know. And this is new for me because I never had a dog or cat growing up (I had a cockatiel named Zazu, of which I'm responsible for his disappearance, or death, and still feel horrible about it to this day so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, thanks!). Anyway, having a dog has been a
HUGE adjustment for me, but I have loved every second of it and I totally get why people treat their pets as their own children because I love him that much!

Even when I so kindly removed my kitchen table from the kitchen and put holes in my wall for a baby gate, which is between my kitchen and family room, so that he has room to run around inside
AND still have access to the doggie door. And yet he has chewed the crap out of the gate to the point where he can now possibly choke himself. Still love him.

Even when he destroyed the only picture I have of my cousin and I at the airport when he just got off the plane and returned home from serving a 2 year mission in North Carolina. Still love him.

And even when he chewed my
FAVORITE pair of Ann Taylor high-heels (ooooohhhhh I was SO MAD!!!) Still love him.

Or all 3 edges of the baseboards in my kitchen. And I'm pretty sure he ate the white rubber door stopper that used to be at the end of the spring there. Still can't find it. Hope it passed through his system ok ;) Still love him!

Or when he digs holes in the backyard...repeatedly...like almost on a daily basis...to the point where he runs from me when I get the rake out to rake everything back into place!! UUGGGHH!!!! But, I still love him!
And last, but not least...............
I came home from work one day and the shredder was knocked over and the curtains, that were
COMPLETELY CLOSED when I left that morning, were wide opened with teeth marks at the bottom.
How much patience can one have??! I really do still luff him!!!

B wakes me up at least once a night, sometimes 2 or 3 times a night. I put him in his kennel when I go to bed and he likes it, for sleep only, but when he needs to go potty you better believe he lets me know about it. If he wakes me up too much I'll leave him in the kitchen and lock the gate so he can play and go outside as he pleases.
His favorite place in the house and he thinks he owns it!
15 weeks old
He's
SO CUTE!!
He was laying next to me on the floor playing with his toy and fell asleep while playing.
"All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeeef!"
Last trip to the vet he was 9 lbs 2 oz (gained 4 pounds in 7 weeks), his temp was good, he got 3 shots (Parvo, Rabies, Bordetella), and is a very healthy puppy!! Now he has 4 bottom teeth missing and his 2 front teeth have grown in.
He knows how to sit, stay, and roll over on command and just turned 5 months old last Sunday. Even after all of the work, training, sleepless nights, and money spent
.....HE'S STILL WORTH IT!!!!
4 comments:
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this post. Took me back in time to when buddy was a pup and i came home to my find my bathroom had been overflowed with unrolled TP and Buddy was hopping and prancing around in it like it was the best thing on earth! Bauer is ADORABLE. And I love that he fell asleep playing with his toy. Love you Linds. Miss you tons.
Ahhhh, you do still love em!
Wow. I literally laughed out loud at every comment- HAHA! I cant believe how cute he is! And ps. I am not going to the gym tonight and that is final;-)
Great post, Lins!
If I remember correctly (which I mostly do), when you first moved into your house, you were a perfectionist about a ton of little things that I don't think others would have noticed, and Mr. B is destroying those things and more, and yet, you "still love him!" I'm actually very happy for you that you got a puppy dog! They're so cute, and they add such a wonderful dimension to life...and apparently "character" to your house, too. : )
Tyson told me the other day that he's going to be getting a dog (a real dog) for his birthday. However, I told him no. I don't know when I'll give in. Maybe when he's 10...not 3, for goodness sakes!
Post a Comment