I was able to reflect on when I graduated from BYUH and remembered the feeling I had when my name was called and I walked across the stage. It's a feeling that I can't describe because it was a big deal for me to have that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction when school never came easy for me. I'm so glad I have set an example for my kids and I know for sure Debra Jo & Mitch and Jenny & Torrey have set an example for their kids as they all have degrees which will help their families throughout their lives. I strongly believe that women should get their education whether they want to be a stay at home Mom or not. You just never know what can happen in life and it's always good to have something to fall back on.
Christy, Baby Hudson, Terry, Torrey, Jen, & Cathy
My singles ward was in charge of the 9-Stake Activity this month and let me tell you I'M GLAD IT'S OVER!! It was on Saturday and it actually turned out really good, so no complaining here, but it was A LOT of work. I'm not sure how many people came because there were groups coming and leaving but we estimated about 200+/- young single adults. We held the activity at Discovery Park and had a BBQ, Slip 'N Slide, Volleyball, and Frisbee games all goin' on. The Slip 'N Slide was a HUGE hit as you can imagine. Guys were doing crazy things, showing off in my opinion, and the girls were just watching. T.Y.P.I.C.A.L. right? I kept saying, "We don't have that much water, so if you want to go down...GO!" Still, nothing. So I went down and then the girls finally started going down. Lead by example :)
Jared was NOT happy he had to roll his grill, that he offered to bring, all the way down hill to the Ramada. BAHAHA!! Thanks J-Rod! A girl in my ward told me to take a picture of him and when he saw me w/my camera he yelled, "NOOOO!" It was HILARE!
My cute little Bauer is 7.5 lbs already!!!! He's 15 weeks today and is getting so big so fast! I've had him for one month now and he was only 5 lbs when I got him. I just love him to pieces. He was potty trained in 9 days, THANK GOODNESS!
Bauer likes to bring in surprises from the backyard through his doggie door. So far he's brought in massive rocks and little ones, bird feathers, a pen (what the?!), and sticks. He will also take his toys outside with him. I caught him digging the other day and punished him :( I know it's a natural instinct, but I don't want him digging by the side gate and escaping! That would be devastating. He likes to hide out under my bed and sometimes when I'm sitting on the floor he'll come lay right by me and go to sleep, but he has to be touching me. He knows how to sit, but no other tricks. If I hold my hand in a claw position he growls and barks at me and runs in circles, it's all playful. Bauer used to be afraid of the stairs, but as of yesterday he goes upstairs all the time and trots around up there and I can hear his little paws walkin' around. If I say "go potty" he goes out the doggie door and if I say "lets go bye bye" he runs to the garage door. Not kidding. He can also jump up on the couch now, that started last Thursday. He's the BEST!
Jenny & Torrey blessed Hudson Luc on Sunday. It's so amazing to see the happiness in Jenny's life all because of one little decision that was made on April 3, 2003. I know she may have been happy regardless, but her kids and future generations will be blessed forever because of her commitment to the Lord. It's just awesome. Torrey did such a great job with the blessing and cute little Hudson was so handsome in his blessing outfit. My Dad unfortunately could not be there as he is in Dallas, TX for work training since he recently changed positions at work, but he wouldn't have missed it otherwise. Jenny's parents came and I know that meant a lot to her, I was so happy they came. Debra Jo's family is in their ward and Joe, Debra Jo's Dad, is in the Bishopric and was one of the speakers today. His talk was perfect and the spirit was there. It was a special special day. WE LOVE YOU HOMER'S!
After the baby blessing, we headed over to Jeremy's ward to hear him speak as it was his "homecoming" talk. He returned 2 weeks ago from serving a 2 year mission in Russia. He read a poem that an investigator wrote and gave to him and it was very touching, it made me cry. The poem was about a lost soul who had harsh feelings and how an American boy who selflessly served the Lord found him and saved him. The best part was hearing him bear his testimony in Russian. How powerful! He did a great job.
Now.....LETS GO SUNS!!! BEAT L.A.!!
We might have used too much Dawn soap :)
We had a lot of help from the adults that were assigned to our singles ward by Pres. Riggs and I can't thank them enough for everything that they did. The FHE committee also helped (thanks Jared!!), which I was so grateful for as we have a small activities committee and only a few showed up to help, and when I say a few I mean 4 committee members, which includes Cassie and I. Also a BIG THANKS to Cliff for bringing his 700 gallon water tank with a fire hose attached and Bro. Woods for bringing his 500 gallon water tank for our Slip 'N Slide!! We could not use park water, so without them our activity would have bombed. YAY for success!!
Bauer likes to bring in surprises from the backyard through his doggie door. So far he's brought in massive rocks and little ones, bird feathers, a pen (what the?!), and sticks. He will also take his toys outside with him. I caught him digging the other day and punished him :( I know it's a natural instinct, but I don't want him digging by the side gate and escaping! That would be devastating. He likes to hide out under my bed and sometimes when I'm sitting on the floor he'll come lay right by me and go to sleep, but he has to be touching me. He knows how to sit, but no other tricks. If I hold my hand in a claw position he growls and barks at me and runs in circles, it's all playful. Bauer used to be afraid of the stairs, but as of yesterday he goes upstairs all the time and trots around up there and I can hear his little paws walkin' around. If I say "go potty" he goes out the doggie door and if I say "lets go bye bye" he runs to the garage door. Not kidding. He can also jump up on the couch now, that started last Thursday. He's the BEST!
After the baby blessing, we headed over to Jeremy's ward to hear him speak as it was his "homecoming" talk. He returned 2 weeks ago from serving a 2 year mission in Russia. He read a poem that an investigator wrote and gave to him and it was very touching, it made me cry. The poem was about a lost soul who had harsh feelings and how an American boy who selflessly served the Lord found him and saved him. The best part was hearing him bear his testimony in Russian. How powerful! He did a great job.
Now.....LETS GO SUNS!!! BEAT L.A.!!

6 comments:
what a busy weekend for you. It looks like lots of fun though! I'm so glad that we are friends!
I love you Linds! So glad you got to go to the Graduations and the baby blessing. You are such a great friend to everyone. You make everyone feel so special.
I LOVE how excited and in love you are with Bauer. It reminds me of when I first got Buddy and how much I loved and doted on him. He was my BABY. Literally!
Sad that they take a back seat now to baby... O well. ;)
Anyway I miss you!
Great post Linds. And Sherri is right, you are a good friend. You are alos a great daughter and I love you.
Thank you so much for coming to Torrey's graduation!! It was so much fun having you there!
Thank you for coming to the baby blessing too! Your friendship means so much to me. I will forever be indebted to you and Debra Jo for introducing me to the Church and it is because of your examples that I joined over 7 years ago!! I know it took me long enough, but better late than never right?! I am so grateful for all the blessings that I have today because of that decision, including having you as a friend! Love you Chippa!!
linds....you must email me and give me info about the giant slip and slide and what it took to make it happen. Sounds like a fabulous youth activity!
Thanks for supporting us at graduation, Lins! We appreciate it so much! And Jenny's baby blessing was so neat! Great pics all around!
Post a Comment