Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Thatcher Visit!

Sherri and Jake invited me to their son's baby blessing back in January, and I was so excited to go!! The blessing day was Sunday, February 7, 2010. I woke up very early Sunday morning, got on the 60 East and just drove for miles. Made it there in 2 hrs and 15 mins and no I did not speed Dad :) It rained the whole ride there, it was beautiful! I was so glad I went. It is such a special thing to see a newborn being blessed. I took a pad of paper and pen with me to sacrament meeting and wrote down the blessing as fast as I could. Jake spoke a little fast so I started abbreviating, but I got most of it down word for word.
Sherri and Jake are so happy, you can just see it in them. Their little boy, Steele who is almost 3 months old now, is a doll and he is such a sweet baby. I love his hair! I got to hold him the rest of sacrament meeting and let me tell you, I was in heaven! After the blessing we went to Jake's parent's house and had some good food.
Sherri's family that came to the blessing
Before I headed home, I stopped by my Aunt Karrilyn's to say "hi". She is my Dad's oldest sibling and has lived in the Thatcher/Safford area for years. It was so fun to see her and my Uncle Kerry and cousin Krista AND their new house! You can see the new temple from her family room window! It's BEAUTIFUL! I stopped on the side of the road to take a picture of the temple as well. It's still under construction, but it looks almost complete.
I'm so happy for the people who live in that area that will be able to enjoy the blessings of the temple more often and not have to drive to Mesa just to go to a session. As a matter of fact, that is what everyone bore their testimony about in sacrament meeting that day, it was neat.

4 comments:

McRae Family said...

That is so much fun that you got to go. And the temple looks beautiful, I love how it looks with all the grey clouds, too!

Sherri Romney said...

It was SO FUN to have you visit! Come back anytime. We love you Lindsay!!!!! :)

Alyse Clonts said...

The picture you took of the temple is the most recent one I have seen! I haven't been home since Christmas. I love the picture of my mom. AND are you sure you didn't speed :) ? That seems like an amazingly fast time to me!

d.jo said...

Are you going to go to the open house? It's next month!