Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Jenny's Baby Shower!

Holy Moley I am SO LATE in posting this but you see there's a little thing called "TAX SEASON" that consumes my life these days and I always have a love/hate relationship with it every year :)

Debra Jo and I threw a baby shower for Jenny back in January, the 30th to be exact!!! Talk about loads of fun! We have been best friends since the 5th grade and Debra Jo and I were SO EXCITED to do this for her. I have to admit the invitations were stinkin' cute and pretty AWESOME and although we were so stressed out, only because we wanted it to be the best baby shower ever, it turned out so nice!
We served chicken salad croissant sandwiches (YUM!) and had pasta salad, a vegetable tray, cheese and crackers, nuts, fruit, and who could forget the chocolate fountain?!?
We made the decorations hanging from the ceiling. Tissue paper, fishing wire, string, and tape made up these cool decorations. People at the shower thought we bought them!
It took 4 people to make this puppy. We could not have done this without the help of Debra Jo's Mom! Debbie is SO TALENTED! The diaper cake was too cute.
This is Tyson Jax, Debra Jo's little boy. He is the cutest most funniest 2.5 year old ever!!! He loves his "Auntie" Lindsay :)
We played a few games. The first game was to guess the size of Jenny's belly. I measured her so we had the correct length of yarn and then put that away and went around and had everyone cut a piece of yarn. Debra Jo and I played too, and in the end Tanya and I had the EXACT match!! We were laughing so hard, it was hilarious! And I swear on my life I did not cheat. I have witnesses! I know I measured her, but c'mon I didn't get the ruler out. Never have I been to a shower where ANYONE has guessed the correct length let alone TWO let alone ME!!! I gave the winning prize to Tanya...see, I am a good person :)
Look at these ADORABLE shoes my Mother bought for the babette! SO CUTE! Can't wait to have a little monster of my own so she can spoil him/her. I swear my kids will be the most stylin' kids out there thanks to my Mother, who always buys off of the sales racks and can always find the cutest things. I don't have patience for that.
The 2 Chippas!
Mom & Girls
We had a clothes line to hang up all of the cute baby clothes she got!
Jenny, her Mom Cathy, and her sister Christy
The Levi, Tenney, and Larson Girls minus Erin :(
After the shower...SUCCESS!!!

4 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

I love it! I saw some pics on Debra Jo's blog but you posted different ones and I lvoe them all. You guys did great.

d.jo said...

HAHA! The last one is my favorite...you know what you should have done, though? You should have ended the post with the pic of HUDSON, since he's born now. That's okay...btw, I would like the copies of those pics so I can blog about it. Maybe we can blog at the same time about it so you don't feel behind the times. J/K Luv ya. I will host another party with you ANY time. It was fun to plan it with you.

Jamie said...

You guys did a great job and it was so fun! Glad to see all the pics.

McRae Family said...

Finally a new post! Haha, like I'm one to talk....I just had to give you a hard time though! I seriously love that last one, you guys are so stinking cute!!!