Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

"What's the news?"

I moved into my house on Tuesday! I rented a 10' U-Haul and drove it to my parents house before the "big" move took place. You should have seen the look on the U-Haul employee's face when he saw it was me that was going to drive it. I'm really not all that little, but when you put me in a U-Haul truck I look like a midget. HILARE!

I pulled into the driveway and Connor came out laughing his head off. I guess he was thinking the same thing the U-Haul employee was thinking.

The boys lifted the heavy things and the girls packed up the vehicles with the smaller things. My moving crew included my Dad - 50 year old with a broken hip he injured in a snowmobile accident Feb. 2006, Connor - 15 year old who had a fever the day before, Cameron (Kelly's boy) - 24 year old who had the day off work and helped me move all afternoon, Cassie - 19 year old who took time to drop me off at the U-Haul place so I could pick up the truck and helped me load things even though she had college homework due that night and class, and Debra Jo - 25 year old who's 8 months pregnant!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!
I have the BEST family and friends!

Overall the move went pretty smooth. It was just blazing hot outside. I highly recommend to never move in the summer time in Arizona. Us Levi's have a way of doing that.

So, there are a million crickets in and outside my home. Baby ones too. I have killed so many crickets the last two days I lost count. Anyone know how to get them out of your walls? I did a load of laundry tonight and I could hear one chirping really loud and it took me forever to find it. Guess where the noise was coming from?! The fan on the ceiling. You know how you turn on the fan in a bathroom if you're going #2? Okay, well that fan is also in your laundry room. So I turned the fan on to drown out the chirping sound and seconds later the cricket FALLS OUT! Wahoo! Smashed him and flushed him down the toilet. Victory.

FUNNY STORIES:

I went to Home Depot to purchase a new front door lock and door handle. I'm talking on my cell and halfway paying attention to what I'm doing and all I was interested in was the color of the new door handle. I pick what I want and am totally confused as to why there is more than just the key lock and the handle to open the door (to enter the house). So I ask the Home Depot employee, "Excuse me, can you tell me why there are two in here?" And she politely said, "Because you have to be able to lock the door and open it from the inside." I quickly said, "Thank you very much," and walked away. MORTIFIED!

Then I'm at Walmart picking up a few household cleaning supplies and realized I forgot to purchase a garden hose while I was at Home Depot. So to save time I ask a Walmart employee where the garden hoses are and he said, "In the Garden Section..." and points me in the right direction. Conscious:"Duh Lindsay!"

And then I met with an elderly client today who is a widow, in her eighties, and she needed to call her daughter to confirm the death date of her husband in order for us to be able to complete her 2008 tax return. During the conversation she says to her daughter, "You should see this gal that is helping me. She's pretty and well kept, but you would never believe how sharp she is!" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!? BAHAHA!!! She pretty much conveyed to me that I am pretty and blonde, yet I was smart. And then she tipped me $50 before she left ON TOP of the $285 I charged her for the return. FYI - She is forgiven.

OOOHHHH sleep deprivation...what would I do WITHOUT you?!

That's the news...

4 comments:

McRae Family said...

That is so awesome that you are in your new home. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see some pictures. And for the crickets, we bought this bug spray online that seems to kill everything. We just spray it outside around the perimeter of the house and it totally does the trick. We rarely get bugs in the house as long as we keep up on the spraying every month(knock on wood). Anyway, this miracle product is called suspend sc, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Jamie said...

Your place looks awesome Lins! Sorry I couldn't help more but I had fun last night while we cleaned/danced. :)

Sherri Romney said...

How fun to finally be moved in! That is funny bout the crickets though... hope you get that figured out! I have to say I laughed so hard at your home depot story cause that happens to me all the time...

Alyse Clonts said...

Do you like cats? Cats eat crickets.