Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

25th Birthday

My birthday was last Friday, August 28th, and it was the best birthday I've had in awhile! The last few birthdays I've spent in Hawaii, so it was nice to be home and spend it with loved ones.

I started out the day by waking up to a small scorpion on my ceiling in my bedroom! I yelled for my Mom and she HATES scorpions, but killed it just for me only because it was my birthday. Haha! Then I headed off to meet Debra Jo for breakfast at Paradise Bakery! I didn't even know they served breakfast, but they do and it was good. She was so kind and bought me some house decorations :) Thanks Deej for everything!After breakfast, I went shopping for a refrigerator! It was exciting for me anyway. I stopped at a few places and was pretty much just price shopping. I would LOVE to have a double fridge door with the freezer on the bottom...someday...someday. Craigslist might be my best bet, but I'm willing to pay a few hundred dollars more for a brand new one. I'm still on the lookout!

While I was out, my boss called and wished me a "Happy Birthday" and asked a favor from me. Haha! He wasn't feeling well and had just returned from a trip to Brazil and asked if I could make a deposit at the bank. I of course went and took care of that for him and from there, I met up with some friends at the good 'ol Costa Vida! LOVE that place, but I don't think it could ever replace my relationship with Chipotle!

I came home and just relaxed. It was awesome. I watched some Family Feud and Wife Swap on TLC. Let me tell you there are some crazy people out there! This one family believed in fairies and spoke to trees for advice. What the?! I laughed my head off. And then I took a good long nap! A much needed one, I might add. It was nice to take a break from everything, including work and my house, and just rest.

Later that night my family and I went out to dinner to celebrate! My parents anniversary is also the same day as my birthday. They have been married for 27 years! The thought of my Mother being in labor on her 2nd anniversary makes me feel bad, and my Dad and I have this joke about who had control over the day I was born and he continues to tell me I was 5 days late, which I was, BUT that is definitely one thing I had NO CONTROL over. I think anyone would agree :)
My Dad wanted to try out the new Red Robbin built in the San Tan Village shopping center near our house, so we went there. Half of us ordered the Guacamole Bacon Burger. I love love love guac and the thought of it being on a burger sounded weird to me, but the waiter said it was really good so I gave it a try. Talk about DELISH!

We came home and I opened gifts. I received money and gift cards which is wonderful! I was appreciative at how thoughtful my siblings were. They gave me things to help me out with my house and I thought it was so nice.

Jenny came over later that night and we talked and watched the DBacks and the Cardinals game on TV. Thanks for coming over little chippa!

I received tons of text messages and notes on Facebook from family and friends, thank you to all!!! I had a great day.

UPDATE ON MY HOUSE:

1) Painters are done! I had the ENTIRE interior painted plus the garage door painted and it took them 4 days. Expensive, but worth it. It looks great!

2) My Dad cleaned my carpets and tile. LOVE HIM! It took forever to do because I was so paranoid his cleaning hoses would hit my walls, which they did and one baseboard got chipped but nothing that can't be fixed.

3) My Uncle Ryan came by and looked at my A/C unit Saturday. He repaired a broken wire and added 1 1/2 lbs of Freon to my unit. Thanks Uncle!!

4) Already had my furniture delivered, and bought a 40" Samsung LCD TV last week, so I'm ready to rock 'n roll!

Hopefully I'll move in this week!

3 comments:

McRae Family said...

I'm so excited for you to be moving in, thats so awesome! I'm so glad you had a good birthday

Rachel said...

Cant wait to see it! You should have called rob he would have given you a better deal painting....I would have made him! Oh well next time! Glad you had a good birthday!

Shannon said...

Happy late birthday! I'm glad you had a good one! I'm excited about your new house! That is so neat!