Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Dad's 50th Birthday Bash!

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!!! My Mom and I decided last minute to throw my dad a party for turning the BIG 5-0! Today is his birthday, but we threw him a party last night. It was going to be a surprise but my Mom HATES surprise parties, so she told me to call him and ask if a party was okay. My exact words were "Dad! We're going to throw a surprise birthday party for you. Are you okay with that?!" And he said, "Only if there's karaoke involved." Who would have thought?!? So with a week's notice, out the invitations went, and we rented a professional karaoke machine with large speakers and over 10,000 songs to choose and Some Burros Mexican Food. More than 50 people came and our house was packed! It was soooo much fun!
Connor came with me to pick up the karaoke machine. What he didn't know was that I had to stop at the mall and Party City on the way home :) At Party City, I ordered a HUGE "Over the Hill" balloon and several black balloons to go with it. And then I saw these Mylar balloons that had numbers. So I chose a 5 and a 0 and paid for them. When the girl started blowing up the balloons, they were MASSIVE!! I didn't know they would be that big! I was laughing so hard and Connor was extremely annoyed because he knew that he would be the ones holding the balloons in the car. You should have seen us trying to shove all of these balloons in my car with karaoke speakers buckled in the back. I just kept laughing and Connor was yelling "SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!" The huge balloons took up so much space, I could not see except for right in front of me. Connor kept saying, "Is this illegal?!" And I just kept laughing. Good times.
The Cake
Uncle Aaron & Cousin Houston
Cousin Erica and her husband Mark - She's due in November! A little boy :)
Lins, Jen, Deej
(Deej is due in October w/her 2nd boy)
Deej's Dad, Joe Tenney, and my Dad singing together. They served in the same mission (Tampa Florida Mission) but were never companions. I meet Deej in the 5th grade and we talked about where our Dad's served one day during an assignment in class and went home and told our Dad's and they knew each other! Our families have been friends ever since.
Mitch & Deej "A Whole New World"
Kara, me, and Cass singing SPICE GIRLS "Wannabe" HAHA!
Me & Papa LeviThe whole fam damily singing "Get Over It" by the Eagles. We know all the words and sang it at the top of our lungs. Yep, we're that cool!
Connor's impersonation of Michael Jackson - H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S
He did it in front of the entire party, and people were cracking up, it was great!
Cousin Clint and his wife Kara
Aunt Teri & Uncle Aaron
Brother and sister singing
"Your Momma Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock and Roll"
Uncle Ryan, Aunt Inagean, Uncle Mark
Aunt Donna & Aunt Lora
Cousin Cooper and his wife
Brother & Sister Jenkins
Lexi, Justin, and John
Brother & Sister George and their granddaughter Janae. Brother George was our Bishop in our previous ward.
The Larson's & The Homer's
Dad, Mom, Danny, Tammy
Jerry, Annette, Kat, my Dad
The life of the party...NOT! AFTER everyone left, then my uncles decided to sing. Little chickens.
Love you Dad! Your party was a great hit and we had so much fun!!

3 comments:

McRae Family said...

I LOVE karaoke! I'm a terrible singer but I still love it. I was scrolling through the pictures and your cousin Cooper's wife Shalyn was in one of my classes last semester and I do her hair now. What a small world!

d.jo said...

Wow! The pictures turned out great. It really was a fun party.

Sherri Romney said...

How dang fun!