Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Bad news

I was just thinking the other day about how good my life is right now and how everything is falling into place. I even got a call from my lender on Wednesday afternoon telling me that all my paperwork was complete and sent to the underwriting office. I could even close early if I wanted to. But nothing can ever go as planned, right?

Very next day, I received 3 phone calls from my lender with 5 minute messages explaining my loan got denied and why. That was quick. The reason the loan was denied had nothing to do with me, thank goodness, but it changes everything. The seller's listing agent didn't disclose everything they were supposed to on the property so the underwriting department immediately denied the loan. And because of that mistake, or bad "professional" conduct, a new loan has to be prepared and I have to sign papers all over again and my real estate agent and lender may not be able to get everything done in time by July 28th, which was my original closing date.

If July 28th comes and goes and the loan isn't closed, the seller has the option to back out and re list the home. How is that fair? It's not, but my Dad says life's not fair. And it's not.

I am really depressed, sad, bummed, annoyed, mad, and confused. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Sad day.

6 comments:

Arnett's said...

Oh no!! You will be fine. Buying a house is fun, but NEVER goes according to plan!

Sherri Romney said...

I'm so sorry Linds... I hope everything works out okay for you!

McRae Family said...

Don't worry! Our whole loan fell apart right before we were buying our house...but it all worked out, and that was when everyone was buying houses like crazy. There are still a few weeks to go, don't stress.

elyse said...

That is a bummer, I hope you get your house!

d.jo said...

Hey, Lins! Keep your chin up--we'll pray for you. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think it'll be. The Lord is looking out for you & it'll work out for your good. The hardest part is being in limbo, like you are, now. But, when this is all over, it'll almost be like this bad time never happened.

Whitney said...

Ugh! What jerks! Sometimes things are just a pain in the behind for no good reason. It could have all been avoided had they disclosed the information. Again, I say, jerks!

It'll all work out, and then we can be neighbors.

Keep smiling Linds!