I had a GRRREAT 4th of July!!! It started out with 4 hours of furniture shopping! I have been looking at every store in town for the best deals on couches, kitchen tables, bar stools, and appliances. I have to admit I was getting frustrated because everything I liked was a little too pricey for what I wanted to spend. I knew there would be sales around the 4th, so I impatiently waited until then.
I ended up buying a kitchen table with 4 chairs at a store inside the Arizona Mills Mall. It was a good table and a good price. I felt good leaving the store. Our final stop was a furniture store called At Home. It's located in Gilbert across the street from Costco on Pecos Road. At Home had a sectional that my Mom and I really liked and had seen a few weeks before, and we went back to show my Dad the sectional I was considering buying. The sectional was $500 LESS than what it was 2 weeks ago because of the 4th of July sale, and that was including sales tax!!! I was THRILLED! If I spent over $1,000 I received $200 off another item in the store, so I ended up buying ANOTHER kitchen table! Haha! But everything is OK because I was able to return my first purchase at AZ Mills, although I did have to drive all the way back to the mall to get a voided credit card receipt, but it was well worth the gas $!!!
After leaving the mall, I met up with my family, minus my Mom and Cassie, and went bowling! I got there after the crew started the first game, but I was able to bowl 2 games with them. My Dad whipped us good. Not to bad for an almost 50-year old man with a frail hip :) Cameron, Kelly's boyfriend, bowled with us and his goal was to beat my Dad and it never happened.
The Girls
HUGE LEVIS
LINZ
CON MAN
KELLY BELLY
CAM
JESS
We played 3 games and the odds were my Dad or Cameron was going to win. I was the last bowler and we were on the 10th frame. Everyone was packing up and putting their bowling balls away while I bowled my first run on the last frame and I GOT A STRIKE!!! WAHOO! Everyone turned around and stopped what they were doing to watch my second run. I BOWLED ANOTHER STRIKE! At this point I'm laughing and TOTALLY happy and Cameron yells, "Oh crap!" All of a sudden LINDSAY was going to beat everyone :) I bowled again and knocked down 8 pins. I BEAT MY DAD!!! It was awesome! Of course I took a picture of the score board, I needed proof! We had soooo much fun!
I would like to give my Dad credit and show off his score where he bowled 3 STRIKES IN A ROW and got a Turkey. Great job for an old guy Dad!

I ended up buying a kitchen table with 4 chairs at a store inside the Arizona Mills Mall. It was a good table and a good price. I felt good leaving the store. Our final stop was a furniture store called At Home. It's located in Gilbert across the street from Costco on Pecos Road. At Home had a sectional that my Mom and I really liked and had seen a few weeks before, and we went back to show my Dad the sectional I was considering buying. The sectional was $500 LESS than what it was 2 weeks ago because of the 4th of July sale, and that was including sales tax!!! I was THRILLED! If I spent over $1,000 I received $200 off another item in the store, so I ended up buying ANOTHER kitchen table! Haha! But everything is OK because I was able to return my first purchase at AZ Mills, although I did have to drive all the way back to the mall to get a voided credit card receipt, but it was well worth the gas $!!!
After leaving the mall, I met up with my family, minus my Mom and Cassie, and went bowling! I got there after the crew started the first game, but I was able to bowl 2 games with them. My Dad whipped us good. Not to bad for an almost 50-year old man with a frail hip :) Cameron, Kelly's boyfriend, bowled with us and his goal was to beat my Dad and it never happened.
We played 3 games and the odds were my Dad or Cameron was going to win. I was the last bowler and we were on the 10th frame. Everyone was packing up and putting their bowling balls away while I bowled my first run on the last frame and I GOT A STRIKE!!! WAHOO! Everyone turned around and stopped what they were doing to watch my second run. I BOWLED ANOTHER STRIKE! At this point I'm laughing and TOTALLY happy and Cameron yells, "Oh crap!" All of a sudden LINDSAY was going to beat everyone :) I bowled again and knocked down 8 pins. I BEAT MY DAD!!! It was awesome! Of course I took a picture of the score board, I needed proof! We had soooo much fun!

2 comments:
I was gonna suggest Costco home, they have great prices (if they are still open) but that At Home store is pretty good too!
AND...MJ was a musical mastermind, but even as a superfan - you have to admit he was a freak!
I'm kinda sad I wasn't there.
Post a Comment