Girl: Ariana
I was called to be a Primary teacher in my family ward last week and this past Sunday was my first time teaching. I teach the 6 year olds and they are quite hilarious! There are 10 kids in the class and 4 of them were not there on Sunday. I have a teaching partner, but she was not there either, so I handled 6 six year olds alone. In sharing time, Ariana asked to sit on my lap, it was so cute, and then Bohdie was sitting on my right and I looked over at him and he was holding something really small in his hand staring at something. It looked like a rock and when I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I went digging for gold last week and found this piece of gold!" and then he put it in his pocket and patted it. HI-LAR!
The lesson was on forgiveness and they colored a picture at the end. I had a coloring activity only because the lessons are really short, in my opinion, and I needed something for them to do before church let out. It's funny because anything I brought up, half the kids were interested and the other half could care less. You can definitely tell which kids are disciplined and which ones are not. I heard, "Can you hurry, I want to eat my licorice!", "I think it's time to go now," (with 15 minutes left of class), "I don't want to color,", "I don't want to play hangman!", it was quite comical, but I survived. I took this picture of the group because I'm making missionary badges for them for the lesson in 2 weeks that's on missionary work. I'm going to cut out their heads and glue them to a missionary badge that reads "Future Missionary".
Primary is not too bad! I know I'll grow to love these kids in a matter of weeks and I'm leaving the ward in August, but it will be fun while it lasts.

3 comments:
WHAT...you're leaving in August! We'll miss you! You will make the most amazing primary teacher. Im sad Im not in primary anymore...It would of been fun to be in there with you. Where are you going...singles ward? Did the bows work out?
I'll trade you callings!
Primary kids really are so funny, you will have so much fun!
Post a Comment