I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!
The marathon process is OVER! I've been looking at houses since March and it was really hard for me to do anything before tax season ended, but once it did I was game. I looked at many listings and saw 13 homes in the Gilbert area, which is where I wanted to live. Without a second income, I could only afford so much and if I wanted to live in Gilbert my choices were somewhat limited. My parents came with me each time I went and I'm so glad they did because they pointed out things I would have never thought of. Their support meant a lot to me. I started to get a little discouraged because I'm not very patient and I like things to happen quickly and my Dad reminded me that buying a house is a "marathon process". And that it was.
I purchased a 2 story home in Power Ranch located on Germann between Recker & Power. The home is 1,600 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and 2 car garage with storage cabinets, and tile and carpet. The master bedroom is downstairs and the other two rooms are upstairs. One of the secondary bedrooms is HUGE and has a walk-in closet. The backyard needs a little work, but most of the houses I saw were in the same situation. If all goes well, I'll move in the first part of August.
To think that I just graduated from college 6 months ago, bought a car, and a house is paralyzing. I feel like a real grown up now. Time is moving just a little too fast, but I've been ready to be on my own for awhile. After all, I'll be STINKING 25 years old in August! Weird.
I will now be working to drive my car to work and sleep at my house! HA HA! The joys of living on your own. I feel like I signed my life away, but it will all be worth it! I'm too excited for words to explain, I can't believe it! And I can't wait to decorate it, even if it takes 5 years :)

6 comments:
oooh. i just thought of one. you should have titled it "i ain't sayin you a gold digger, but you ain't messin with no broke, broke." hahahaha.
congrats, sis! that's a lot to accomplish in not a lot of time. i will miss living with you, but glad i'll still see you every day at work.
Wow, your very own home...how exciting! Congrats...this is a huge step. I'm proud of you! Happy decorating!
Good for you Lins! That is so exciting!
i want to see pics
Awesome! I'm so happy for you! I have a lot of time on my hands now that it's summer. Let me come over & help you! Mitch would be happy to help you get some things going in your backyard, too. Call us--we're free labor! Mitch also knows a lot of good suggestions on types & brands of paints & which ones are cheaper but still quality. We also know a lot of tips about painting & repairs if you ever have a question. How soon do you get to move in?
He Linds,
I heard you bought a home (from lexi) I called twice....we moved too call me. Congratulations I know I love having my own place hope you will too, good luck:)
Post a Comment