Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom

My Mom is definitely out of the ordinary and I love her to pieces. I don't tell her that as much as I should, but I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for her. Lately, I have thought about how lucky I've been to have 2 loving parents who have always provided for me and raised me in the gospel. I'm so thankful for that.

Some things about my Mom:


1) She LOVES to read and reads everyday without fail. I asked her the other day how many books she read last week and she said 3.


2) She hates being asked "What's for dinner?" especially after she just walked through the door from work. She thinks she's a horrible cook, but I like her meals and always have.

3) She likes to be funny and will laugh at her own jokes. They're quite hilarious.


4) She has given everyone of her children horrendous nick names, but we secretly like them.


5) She's a hard worker and likes to serve.


6) She's lets me talk to her and tells me when she's not going to listen anymore :)


7) She loves my Dad.


8) She is the best back tickler ever.


9) She always finds cute things on sale, when I don't even have the patience to look at the sales rack.


10) She's opinionated and honest.

Recently, my Mom and Dad have taken in a family member, named Jessica (13). She is my Mom's cousin's daughter. Jessica's Dad is not able to take care of her at this time and has been living in foster homes for the last year or so. Jessica has been coming to church with our family for over a year now, but never lived with us before. She moved into our house about 2 weeks ago and it has been quite an adjustment for our family, but us kids have accepted my parent's decision and have learned to include Jessica in our family. My Mom has always been a caring person and has conveyed to me that she wants to help people, and that is exactly what she is doing and our family has been blessed for it. My Mom has shown Christ-like qualities with the help she has given Jessica and it makes me want to be more like her. She is great.

Thanks for everything Mom! I hope you had a decent Mother's Day. I'm never too old to be taken care of, but I'll still move out...ONE DAY...I promise!


Love you!

5 comments:

Ellsworth Family said...

I agree. You're mom is awesome.

Jamie said...

Thanks Lins! I love you and think you're the best. I think all my kids are the best! And I laugh at my jokes because no one else will and I AM hilarious. :)

Rachel said...

I loved your post about your mom! I love her too. She is hilarious and tell her that I will always laugh at her jokes! Is jessica someone I know....that is amazing they are doing this!

Sherri Romney said...

You have a great mom!

Shawneen said...

That is sooo sweet what you wrote about your mom! You guys have a great family. How fun that you got to go on a trip with your sister too! We were just in Disney land last weekend and had a blast!