Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

Cassie and I took a 5 day trip to Cali last week to celebrate the end of TAX SEASON! We had such a blast and now we need a vacation :) We planned this trip a while back and couldn't wait to go! We even went to the grocery store the night before we left and stocked up on some food to save money and not eat out at every meal. We left last Wednesday about 6 AM and started our long drive.

First destination?

DISNEYLAND & DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE!

We set the car on cruise control, jammed to some awesome music, ate snacks, and drank Dr. Pepper. What could be more exciting than that?! We got there on one tank of gas and it took us just over 5 hours with no stops. We went straight to Disneyland from the ride up so we didn't have time to look pretty for pictures. Who cares, our hair was blown every which direction on the rides anyway, it would have been pointless.

DAY 1
(Excuse our ugliness in these first set of pictures...please).
Driving to Cali
Standing in line for California Screamin'


Riding California Screamin'

Photo on California Screamin'
Disney California Adventure (next to Disneyland) drained the big body of water they had in front of the Ferris wheel and are building more rides. Can't wait to go back and see what they've done.
I thought these flowers were GORGEOUS!
I can't help but hysterically laugh at this picture. Cassie's lips are so much fuller than mine and actually look like puckered lips. I have no clue what mine are doing! HA HA! We watched "A Bug's Life" in 3D. Cute.
- Splash Mountain Ride -
We got soaked and once was enough :)

Peter Pan Ride!
We waited the longest for this ride. It was about a 30 minute wait and only a 10 second ride. My acrylic nails glowed in the dark and Cassie and I were laughing so we took a picture and it didn't turn off because the flash went off. Ha ha! So we had to turn the flash off to get the full affect. Good times.

DAY 2
(Much better looking pictures)
Can you tell who is more into this ride?!!?The Submarine ride was redone and is now the "Finding Nemo" theme. Here we are waiting in line for a good 40 minutes. Not worth the wait, but the ride was really cute.
AUTOPIA RIDE!
My Dad said this ride has been around since he was a little kid...
...that's pretty OLD! J/K Dad!
Disney worker flirting with Cassie. COME ON!
TEA CUPS!!!
We were spinning the wheel together as fast as we could and then we took turns where one would spin while the other one took a picture. It was so funny! We were laughing so hard and it made it harder to spin faster. Cassie looked around and said, "LINS, WE'RE THE FASTEST ONES!" like a little kid would say, I WAS DYING!!!
Cassie and I laughed forever with this picture. My hair was flying all over the place and I had chap stick on and my hair got caught on my lips and inside my mouth, so I was trying to pull the hair away from my face before she took the picture and she captured THIS...
After the ride.....It's A Small World.....
LINDSAY
CASSANDRA

Disneyland was a lot of fun, but our 2 days there was plenty of time for us to do the things we wanted to and we even got to ride our favorite rides a few times without having to stand in line for hours. The longest rides we stood in line for was the Peter Pan Ride and the Nemo Submarine Ride and those were kiddie rides. Some of the rides offered "Single Riders" where you go to the front of the line, but you don't get to ride with your party. Cassie and I were totally cool with that, since we've been to Disneyland a million times and we didn't have to wait in line, so we did that every chance we got.

I have to confess I yelled at a little girl that cut me in line at the Matterhorn. All day long, there were people pushing and shoving, and little kids cutting in line (just a few times), and toward the end of the day, I had had enough of it, so when the chubby approximately 10 year old girl ran under the chain linked ropes in front of me I yelled, "HEY!" and pointed behind me like 'BACK OF THE LINE LITTLE GIRL!'. Cassie was a little shocked I think and kind of laughed. I wasn't RUDE, I was teaching her a lesson. What bugged me even more was that her Mother saw what she did and didn't say anything to her and gave me a dirty look for yelling at her and making her go behind us. Well, I don't care that I'm 24 and she's 10. I paid the same price to have fun at Disneyland and NO ONE should cut. It should be a rule at ALL theme parks, I've decided. Poor girl!

DAY 3
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES
We had invited some of our friends, Jared and Brian, to spend a few days with us on our trip and our plan was to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain and cruise the Beverly Hills area. So the boys bought a one-way ticket and flew to L.A. Friday afternoon and decided to drive back with us Sunday night. Since Jared and Brian didn't land until 3:00 PM, we got up early Friday morning and drove from Anaheim to Beverly Hills and shopped at H & M, a European clothing store. Arizona doesn't have an H & M, so we love to shop at one if there's one in town where we're vacationing. I was very good and bought only one shirt, a necklace, and a pair of earrings = $20.00! Smokin' deal!! It was only 11:30 AM when we finished shopping, so Cassie and I decided to see a movie to kill time before the boys arrived. We watched "State of Play" with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe. GREAT MOVIE!!! A MUST SEE!!

After the movie, we picked them up at the airport, and it only took 5 YEARS to get there after our lovely GPS model nicknamed "JUDY" (by Jared) took us through a neighborhood to get to the flipping airport! She only said "KEEP LEFT" after EVERY exit we passed on the freeway, and Cassie would yell at her, "IF YOU WANTED US TO GET OFF THE FREEWAY THEN SAY IT! YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP SAYING 'KEEP LEFT'!!!" It was hysterical! Then Cassie would tell me that I would be making a right turn within a half mile or so and JUDY would yell, "SHARP RIGHT!" What does that mean?!?! I could go on and on about the GPS we had, but I won't. She was definitely a great part of our trip :)

We checked into our hotel and headed off to the Hollywood street.
Jared is so nice, he agreed to listen to a black man's rap music and all he was asked to do was give his honest opinion about what he thought of this man's music. Jared looks so enthused, doesn't he??
We walked around for a little bit and then ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We ordered 3 different pizzas and shared all of them. The pizza was really good, but mine and Jared's were the best tasting ones! Cassie and I have known Jared and Brian since we were in elementary school so we always have something to talk and laugh about. It was good fun! After dinner we walked around and looked at all of the stars and took pictures.
BRITNEY SPEARS
JACKIE CHAN
I'm a CELEBRITY!
Cass is a CELEBRITY TOO!
We fitted right in!
JAY LENO
TOM CRUISE
(Top Gun = HOTNESS!)

DAY 4
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Jared, Cassie, Lins, Brian

We spent all day Saturday at Six Flags and Brian was able to score us some "BUY 1 GET 1 FREE" tickets so it only cost $120 for the four of us to get in. Disneyland was $143 per person for 2 days!!! I thought it was a good deal. If you're not a roller coaster person, Six Flags is definitely not for you! I THRIVE off the feeling of riding roller coasters. Nothing has scared me yet and I had SO MUCH FUN!
Priceless
Jared invited his mission companion, JR and his wife Summer who live in CA, to join us at Six Flags. They were fun to hang out with and Summer and I talked a lot. She and I sat together on the Goliath roller coaster ride and I looked over at her and we were going so fast her cheeks were moving up and down from the speed and I couldn't stop laughing! Tears were rolling down my face, it was hilarious. It was like something you only see in cartoons!
The 3 of us paid $17/each to bungee jump
together at 173 feet. What the?!
Before the jump...
I'll admit I was a bit nervous.

Last chance to back out...HECK NO!


I PULLED THE CORD!!

I'm so glad I did it! If you didn't notice, I didn't let go of Jared's arm the entire time I was in the air. HA HA! The thrill was worth the $!

Six Flags was a lot busier than Disneyland, especially considering we went on a Saturday, and we waited for more than an hour on each ride, but the rides were awesome! Including the bungee jumping, we rode 8 rides from the time the park opened and closed. My favorite ride was called "TATSU". It's the newest ride there and it came out in 2006. You are strapped in and then the coaster flips up so you are facing down in a sitting position with your legs behind you the entire ride. They flip you before the ride even starts. The tracks are above you the whole time and the only thing you can see is the ground! Talk about blood rush to the brain!! It's so AWESOME though! Cassie, Jared, and Brian and I all rode together in the same row (there were 4 seats in each row) and I heard even the boys scream a few times. It was A-MAZ-ZZZZ-ING!!


DAY 5
We were all exhausted, especially Cassie and I after 3 days of theme park walking. But the trip was well needed and worth every penny! It was so fun to take a trip with my sister and plan something that we wanted to do. It was the first time we had ever done something like this before and we loved it. We checked out of the hotel in the morning and drove to Huntington Beach to walk around the shops and eat lunch before we headed back.

Definitely a trip I'll never forget!

8 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny and Torrey said...

You guys look so cute Lins!!! I especially love the bungee jumping video! Looks like you had so much fun!

~ Natalie ~ said...

FUN! I especially loved the picture with you trying to get your hair our of your chapstick!!! HAHAHAHAHA! I was laughing so hard!
oh and the story about the little girl trying to cut in line! NO WAY! I wouldn't have liked it very much either.
Poor Judy! ;) I have never had much success with GPS guiding me. I usually end up down some obscure road where it is very likely that I will die... I think that the GPS directions are given by maniac murderers to lead you to where they wait to pounce! haha jk I'm glad you had fun. I sure do miss you!

Rachel said...

Okay....you guys are still living the dream over at the levi house! How much fun are you guys having! I hope my kids have as much fun! A couple of things
1..on the Californian screaming...did you notice that the guy behind you looks like tyson udall? I thought it was him at first!
2. Cassie did an awesome job videoing you on the bungy! You are nuts for doing that!
I just have to say I am glad that you sister get a long so well and are so nice to each other! I hope my girls are like that SOME DAY!

Jamie said...

Glad that you guys had fun! Connor and I were jealous. I'm also glad you got there and back safely although I will admit to feeling better about you driving back with Jared and Brian in the car!

tim and priscilla said...

i am so jealous! i want to go on that trip! where was my invite! i love that swinging ride, i did it in vegas and it is the biggest rush. maybe i will make it out to disney next year.

Andrea said...

Lindsay looks like you and your sister had tons of fun. Love the Pictures.

d.jo said...

I don't think you told us what Jared's honest opinion of the music was. : ) Haha.

I like the picture of you & Jared next to the Britney Spears star. That's so funny.

I'm glad you guys went you deserved a break!