Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CRUNCH by Lubey

Cassie and I work at the same office (I convinced my boss to hire her when I left for BYUH) and it's always a good time. Cassie leaves before I do each day and she said her "goodbye's" as usual and walked out the door. Less than 2 minutes later, my cell phone rang and it was her. I answered and she said:
"I just got into an accident and I don't know what to do!!! CAN YOU COME AND HELP ME?"

My first question was "Where are you?" She said, "Gilbert & University and I rear ended someone and he's not getting out of the car and I don't know what to do." We work on Gilbert & University and there is TONS of construction and the lanes narrow down to ONE LANE and since she had just left I was trying to picture what kind of an accident she could have gotten in to. Construction is a PAIN and it has been going on since February. Annoying.

I drove to the SCENE and saw this:(Notice my car in front)

I was afraid to see what Cassie's car looked like after I saw the car she hit and was amazed:

The poor man depressingly said, "I just left my house to go to the store and then she hit me..." Well buddy, now you get to drive to the store with your brake light hangning by a thread. He drove away with it like this (didn't even try to shove it in):

I arrived within mintues after it happened and the two of them had pulled over into the bike lane. I asked if the cops had been called and they hadn't. I asked the guy if he wanted the cops involved and he said, "We really don't need cops as long as your insurance fixes my car." I gave him the option and he declined, which thrilled me because I was trying to prevent Cassie from getting cited. I'm looking at his car thinking it's "totaled" because of how old the car looked. I asked him what year his Honda Accord is and he said, "1986." WOW! And I thought my Dad's 1992 Chevy truck was old!

I did all of the talking and exchanged insurance information with him all written down on a Bank of America deposit ticket that Cassie handed me after I asked for a piece of paper. BAAHAHAHA! I was writing as fast as I could so we could leave before the cops arrived because I was afraid people who had driven by might have called them. In the meantime, my Dad is repeatedly calling me. Desperate times, desperate mesaures.

I talked to my Dad and he asked how bad it was and I told him her car was fine, just the bumper popped out on each side, but that his car was smashed. And he franctically said, "HOW DOES HER CAR LOOK FINE AND SHE RUINED HIS?! HOW MUCH DAMAGE LINDSAY!" Dad! I was trying to beat the cops, and I did. Took pictures, and left.

SUCCESSFUL!!!

All in all, everyone was safe and that's all that mattered.

Cassie -
I ran when you called, did all the talking, prevented you from getting a ticket AND going to traffic school! I know, I know the American Idol tour is going to be SO FUN :) Love you!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad you were there to help her Lins.

d.jo said...

You are an amazing sister--she should take you to the American Idol Tour. : ) I'm so glad her car wasn't wrecked & she's so lucky to skip out on driving school. I hate stupid construction. The last accident I was in was in a construction zone. It's such a pain.

elyse said...

Hey Lady this is Elyse, I have this guy I totally want to set you up with. I told him about you like a year ago but I saw him this morning and he wants your number, he went to BYU Hawaii and he is an accountant and he is really cool. if you are interested let me know, leave me a message on my blog

Terin said...

I have to say that you are a very good writer. I love to read your blog. I laugh every time. You are very entertaining. Man I wish we hung out more. Sad. WEll I guess you will just have to visit me in Texas. Its awesome out there!

tim and priscilla said...

poor cassie! that stinks! well, good thing her car looks good:) i am getting induced on the 25th, so i will have a little for sure by then!

Mindy said...

lindsay
i think at the end of this month if possible-games and chatting would be fun. i was so glad to see all 3 of you and your mom and liz too! i wish rachie and erin would have come too. anyhoo, happy friday and i want a ride in your smooth new car.