Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CoNnOr IS A STUD!

Not to brag, but my brother is quite talented when it comes to sports. He's very good at football and baseball. Connor is a natural, but when he hit high school, I think he realized he actually had to "try" and work harder at becoming better because there was a lot more competition to beat.

He's a freshman at Mesquite High and tried out for the freshman baseball team. Last week, during try outs, Connor and some of the other boys were trying out for the pitcher position.

CONNOR THREW AN 81 MILES PER HOUR FAST BALL!!!

AND he threw the hardest! I was so proud to be his sister when I heard this news :) You only have to throw 90 miles/hour to play in college.

Connor called my Dad after practice that day and said, "So I think I made the team..." A little cocky, don't ya think?! My Dad asked him if his head was big enough to fit in his car. Ha ha!

Connor will turn 16 this year. I can't believe it. He's still not taller than my Dad, which is his next goal, but he's almost there. He's 5'9" and about 170 pounds. He's a stud and I love him. I'm so glad my Mom and Dad had a boy. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Last month, I was reading my journals from when I was a little girl and I wrote about the funniest things and I came upon this:

-March 2, 1998-

"I feel good about myself when I take Connor for a bike ride..."

-March 29,1998-

"I love Connor SO SO SO much! I don't know what I'd do without him."

I still feel the same way. I'm thankful for him.

CONGRATS ON MAKING YOUR HIGH SCHOOL'S FRESHMEN BASEBALL TEAM!

Love you bud!! I'm SOOOOOOOO proud of you!

1 comment:

Sherri Romney said...

That is AWESOME! Jake loved playing baseball. He is all done now but it was fun while it lasted.