Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

VEGAS!

Some really good friends of ours, the Larsons, invited my parents and I to spend a few days with them in Vegas at their time share. Their daughter Jenny and I have been friends for more than 15 years so our families have known each other for awhile. We ate A LOT of food (so much my belly hurt), saw Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian Hotel, watched football, walked around the strip, saw the water show at the Hotel Belagio, and the girls did a little shopping. We enjoyed each other's company and caught up on what we've been doing. It was also fun to get to know Torrey, Jen's husband, a little better. He is so kind to her and you can tell he loves her to pieces! He's easy going, just like Jen, laughs, and is so kind. I'm glad we went.

Here are a few pictures of the suites we stayed in. My parents and I had own places so I got to stay in one of these all by my lonesome self! SAWEET!
Saturday night, we ate at a restaurant at The Venetian before we went and saw PHANTOM. The proportions of some of our meals were HUGE! Jen ordered chicken pot pie and it was one big plate. She said it was delicious!
Eating at the restaurant before PHANTOMTorrey & Jen
This was part of the chandelier in PHANTOM. It was AMAZING! My Dad read online that the showroom at The Venetian was made specifically for PHANTOM and that no other plays are shown there. It took 11 months to build and cost a whopping 40 million dollars! The chandelier alone was outrageously expensive. At the beginning of the show the chandelier was apart and then it was put together and raised to the top of the ceiling during the show. Toward the end of the show is fell just a few feet above the audiences heads. It was so cool!
It was hard to get a good picture of the stage because the lighting was dim. This was the best I could do. I've seen PHANTOM twice at Gammage in Tempe, and I enjoyed seeing it in Vegas as well. There were a few more scenes that were not in the shows I saw at Gammage and I liked it.
The group after the show
(Dad, Mom, me, Jenny, Torrey, Cathy, and Terry)

Caesar's Palace Hotel
The Homer's & The Larson's
The water show in front of The Belagio Hotel. SO COOL!
The Chippas
Mom & Cathy watching the water show
Eating breakfast at South Point

3 comments:

d.jo said...

Mitch & I took a picture next to that same exact statue at Caesar's Palace...except Mitch was pulling his finger, haha!

Sara said...

That looks like so much fun!!!

Ellsworth Family said...

Have you never been to Vegas? It's always fun.
Hey send me a note about your ex-boss about taxes. Will he do PA taxes?! :) What are we going to do without him?!