
This is G'Ma Levi, my Dad's mother. She is one of the most fun, considerate, loving grandmas you could ever have!! Before I moved away to go to college, I talked to her on a weekly basis. And if she didn't hear from me for awhile, she'd call me or email me to see what was going on in my life. I tell my Dad I'm her favorite. She has 7 children (my Dad is # 4), and 29 grandchildren, and she also has a handful of great grandchildren. She's 72 years old and is VERY active. Recently, I had lunch with G'Ma at Some Burros. She wanted to get together and give me a graduation gift. I had fun catching up and my food was good! The only kind of Mexican food I had in Hawaii was Taco Bell, so I was in heaven, even if Some Burros is not "real" Mexican food. Anyway, her and my Papa Levi gave me a gold necklace that had a turtle on the chain with a tiger's eye stone in the middle. She wanted me to remember Hawaii and the time we saw brown sand turtles on the beach when she came to visit me with my family. If you look closely, you can see I'm wearing it in the pictures. When I showed my Mom what they gave me, my Mom said,
"I love G'Ma. She doesn't just buy any gift; she buys gifts that are meaningful and you can tell she puts a lot of thought into it." I conquer! Thanks so much G'Ma for being the special person that you are to me!
I LOVE YOU!
Who doesn't love her?!
5 comments:
I love her too :) I love that last picture of you guys!
Aww how sweet. I love MY grandma too. =P Aren't grandma's great???
Hey, I'm kinda tryin to hit all the spots I know you hang out online, just so I don't miss any...
I heard from George last night, I leave in a couple days to go visit, and he's hoping to get me up there for good in about a WEEK! So if we're doing lunch, I guess we better put the bum's rush on it! AHH!
HAHA! I love that picture with you both pulling funny faces!! I miss you!
What a fun Grandma! You look great and I love your families pictures. I need to fax you stuff for taxes or bring it for Heidi's wedding so you can help me!!!!!
That is cool that she is so thoughtful. That is how gifts were meant to be given. Now a days it just seems like things are gift cards which are nice but you know what I mean...This is a gift you will cherish! Can't wait to see you at the lunch!
Post a Comment