Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I LOVE this time of year! I love being with my family and I treasure the family traditions that we have. Every year on Christmas Eve, my Mom's family comes over to our house and we eat REALLY GOOD food :) , play games, talk and laugh, and do The Hokey Pokey. It is always such a good time. This year, we had my Mom's cousin Rachel and her cute family come over so we had more people which added to the fun.

My Christmas was GREAT and I'm so glad that we get to reflect and remember what CHRISTmas is all about and that we're able to spend time with our loved ones.Yes...I do love them :) These are my fun, cute, and loving siblings I've missed for the last 20 months while being away at college. I love them just like they are!
Lindsay (24), Cassie (18), Kelly (22), Connor (15)
We played a game similar to the White Elephant Gift Exchange Game and when Auntie Liz said "On the count of 3, grab a present, 1...2...3..." we went crazy. Here's the proof...
Jayden (2) wasn't so happy he couldn't open "his gift"...tears and all!
I'm the oldest grandchild on my Mom's side and Clint, my Aunt Liz's son, is 3 months younger than me. He and his wife, Kara, just had a baby boy, Jensen Clinton Stephens, on December 11th. He's only 2 weeks old, and he's OH SO PRECIOUS! I want to be a Mom!!!
This little boy is Rachel's son, Kaden. He's 4 years old and is the CUTEST little boy! I played catch with him and he loved it. I love being around little kids, it makes me happy.
THE HOKEY POKEY: "You put you're left hand in, you put your left hand out...
you put your left hand in, and you shake it all about! You do the HoKeY pOkEy and you turn yourself around. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!!"
"You put your right elbow in, you put your right elbow out..."
"You put your head in, and you shake it all about!"

THE CHITLENS
Back Row: Kansas, Connor, Cassie, Cameron, Kelly, Shayna, Clint, & Baby Jensen Front Row: Kyle, Kailey, Makenna, Lindsay, Kaden, Kara, and Jayden

THE ADULTS
Grammy, Granddad, Dad, Mom, Aunt Liz, Uncle David, Rachel & Rob
I'm so sad because my camera had dust on it, so most of my pictures have dust spots everywhere. I might need some copies of your pics Rach!
Our cousin Weston, on my Dad's side, is serving a mission in Mexico and Cassie's missionary Jeremy (who she met at EFY more than 2 years ago!) is serving a mission in Russia. We wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and let them know how much we love and miss them!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

6 comments:

McRae Family said...

I just love this time of year. I bet you're so glad to be home for all the festivities. Have you figured out what to do with all your extra time yet?

~ Natalie ~ said...

WOW your hair is so much shorter!!! I like it! I'm glad that you had a great Christmas. your family looks so fun!! I like the pictures for the missionaries :) that is a really good idea!

Terin said...

You guys are funny. Let's hang out.

Rachel said...

I finally got a chance to sit down and read your post! I have so much catching up to do! We loved spending Christmas with you guys! I have to tell you though...I was clapping in my head and thinking "attention class" the day of Christmas....Your mom was hilarious! I also wanted to tell you that my husband LOVED you! He thought you were the coolest and so nice! Seriously lindsay...he told like 3 different people how much he liked you and what a nive person you are....He was impressed how nice you were to the kids. We have a niece that is like that always nice to everyone and great with kids...he kept comparing you to her! So there you go! We need to get together more often! That was a blast! What is your mailing address these days?

elyse said...

congrats on graduating!!! How fun, Just a little FYI the real world stinks :) go back and get your masters ASAP!j/k

Shawneen said...

you guys have such fun traditions! I love all the live action shots. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas