Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dole Plantation in Wahiawa, Hawaii

I'm behind in posting, sorry. One of my really good friends, Jennifer Homer (used to be Larson, but she's married now!) surprised me and flew to Hawaii for my graduation! I thought it was such a nice thing to do and I was very surprised and VERY happy! I've known her since the 5th grade. My parents arrived in Hawaii the Monday before my graduation day, which was Saturday, Dec. 13th, and Jen flew in on Thursday, so my parents picked her up at the airport while I was finishing my last two accounting finals. It rained island wide from Thursday until Sunday night. I have never seen so much water in my life!!! My Dad was saying that the island received more rain than Arizona receives in a year! It was incredible weather and I felt so bad for Jenny because she packed her bathing suit and didn't get to wear it, not even once! Who flies to Hawaii and doesn't go to the beach?! IT WAS CRAZY WEATHER! We prayed for no rain graduation morning, and it didn't rain for about 3 hours. It was perfect.

After I was done taking my finals on Thursday, my parents drove to my house and came inside and told me there was a graduation gift in the car for me and to go out and get it. I asked my Mom why she didn't bring it in, because it was raining and I didn't want to go out to the car, and she said because it's too heavy. I asked if it was a person, and my Mom looked a little surprised. Both my parents just told me to go and find out. I walked to the car, water was pouring on my head, and opened the back door and found Jenny, who is 5'10", crouched down on the seat and floor. It was funny to see her try and hide. I screamed and hugged her! I'M SO GLAD SHE CAME!

We tried to do fun things, despite the rain, and went to the Dole Plantation Friday afternoon. Surprisingly, it didn't rain. But the sky was dark and the rain clouds were rolling in. We had a good time though and rode the train and saw the garden they had. I LOVE PINEAPPLE! It's one of my favorite fruits and it was cool to learn about how pineapples grow and are maintained.
Did you know pineapples grow on plants off the ground?!
My Dad was kind of forced to participate in this picture with us. His face is HILARIOUS!
Dole Plantation Garden
Notice anything in this picture above? Maybe a lizard?
This is one of my Mom's favorite flowers in Hawaii.
Papaya!!!
Believe it or not, this tree is NOT painted! It's so pretty! It's often called the "Butterfly Tree" or the "Camouflage Tree".

1 comment:

Ellsworth Family said...

You are offically GRADUATED! Yay!
We did come in to AZ for Christmas, but only for a few days. It was crazy!
By the way, I did NOT see a lizard in that picture. You have no idea how long I started at that thing!