President Eyring was the speaker at my commencement ceremony. He is one of my favorites and I could not WAIT to hear him speak. I was in the 3rd row, so when he stood at the pulpit, he was about 20 feet away from me. It was so cool. He spoke about eternal learning and how we take our knowledge with us in the next life and that we can never learn too much. The spirit was there and I cried toward the end of his talk. I loved what he said and I'll always remember it.
My Dad took this picture of me just after they announced my name and handed me my diploma.
This is one of my really good friends, Alex Storms. He and I are both accounting majors and he tutored me a lot. I am so thankful for his help and for the friendship we had. I will miss him and his fiancee, Sung.
Can you see the BEAUTIFUL diamond earrings I'm wearing?! MY MOM & DAD GAVE THEM TO ME!!! It was such a nice graduation gift. THANKS MOM & DAD! Here I am showing them off :)
This is Natalie. She was my best friend in Hawaii and we did a lot together. I'm glad she's from Utah because that means we will get to see each other again. She was a GREAT friend and I'm so glad I got to know her!
This is Emerson! He's Filipino and Chinese. He was in one of my accounting classes and my eternal marriage class this semester. I loved the diversity at this school. I've met so many people from all over the world. I will miss them.
Natalie, Kai, and I. We worked on accounting group projects and did homework together in the accounting lab. We had so much fun together. These are some great friends!
This is Faith and her two identical twin girls, Hope and Charity. I'm holding Hope and Faith is holding Charity. I still don't know how she tells these two apart?! She tell me Charity's cheeks are chubbier. I don't see it, ha ha! Faith and I were assigned as partners in 2 different accounting classes and once in a finance class. It was hilarious because some how we kept getting put together. She and her husband both graduated and plan on moving back to Taiwan.
This is Hyeyun Lee. We were housemates from Aug. 2007 - Dec. 2008. She is from South Korea. This last semester, all of the girls in my house got along and we had good times together. Hyeyun and I would watch "The Price Is Right", "Deal or No Deal", and "Family Feud" together. She majored in Biochemistry and plans on going to graduate school, hopefully in Utah.
Kai is another good friend. He is from Hawaii. He played on the men's soccer team and I went to one of his games. Soccer's intense! I'm glad I got to know him and will miss him too.
Priscila Martins, Aushra Moreno, and me. Priscila is from Brazil and Aushra is from Mexico. Aushra did not graduate, but she ran up to me and hugged me and asked for a picture. Aushra and I had a lot of classes together and Priscila was in my Student Development class this semester.
This is Saeko (pronounced like "psycho" in English) and she is from Japan! She was in my D&C class this semester. She came up and tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around, I was surprised to see she was graduating also. I didn't even know! She's a doll.
The wonderful group of people who came to support me! Thank you!!!I was so happy yesterday and was VERY proud of myself. I made it! AND IT WAS ALL WORTH IT! BYU Hawaii has changed my life and I'm grateful for the chance I had to go there. Can't wait to go home!
My parents have pictures that weren't taken on my camera so I will post them when I get home.
My parents have pictures that weren't taken on my camera so I will post them when I get home.







4 comments:
I REALLY hope mom and dad got a picture of the three of you where dad's eyes are open :) CONGRATS LINS!!!!! Can't wait to see you tonight :)
Yeah! I am so happy for you linsey! What a great time you look like you have had...This will be so much fun for you to tell your kids sometime! Good times to look back to! Way to go! Now maybe we can hook up once you get home! I am so happy for you!
Hooray Lindsay! I am so happy for you. What an accomplishment! I am excited for you to be home so we can actually hang out.
Your pictures turned out great!
Post a Comment