Sister Wesley is my Academic Advisor and she has been the most helpful advisor I've ever had! I was short 6 credits from graduating so I added 3 easy 2 credit classes (D&C, Eternal Marriage, & Student Development Class). Turns out Sister Wesley teaches one of the sections for Student Development, so of course I made sure I got in her class. It started last week and only lasts 7 weeks.
IT IS SO FUN! We meet MWF and the class is only 50 minutes long. It's really easy and the students teach the class in groups and with partners. There's only 15 or so people in my class so we have a different partner each time. Yesterday, Priscilla (from Brazil) and I acted out a scene where I had a bad attitude and she corrected me. It was funny and the class was dying laughing! Priscilla and I were teaching about having a positive attitude and having a good self esteem. Another day Sister Wesley made scones for us! I'm 24, a senior in college, and my teacher made me a treat! Who wouldn't want to go to class :)
Our first assignment was to make an MP4. We had to make a collage in 4 parts and list 8 of our favorite things, 8 Qualities & Characteristics about ourselves, and a short term and long term goal that was measurable and specific.
TA DA!!!
Sumbel is in my class too! We didn't even know until the day before class started. It was too funny! So we split the cost of the book.
I LOVE THIS CLASS!
4 comments:
Ha ha yeah, another dog. I had to save her cause she was starving and was gonna get hit by a car if we didn't pick her up. Yes yes I picked her up on the side of the road. Half starved. Poor girl. I think she is mostly German Sheppard but she is a mutt. LOVE her. She follows at my feet wherever I go. Took her to the park today and she just stuck by my side. She hugs you with her paws too. She wraps them around my legs and hangs on...precious. And yeah, I have ALWAYS been a HUGE dog person. ;) Sounds like your new class is fun! Love you!
you are too cool lins!
Ya, Heidi and Ben have been dating for a while now and it has been fun to get to know him. He is not at all like Caleb, but they look alike! Your pic is kinda scary on the top but I love your hair color that is peeking out...looks like you added some red. I like it. Miss You!!!!!!
That's so awesome! Sounds like a fun class... oh and by the way, I need to retract and rephrase my blog comment - no one else reads *when I want them to* lol!!! I did that "8 Things" survey at like midnight and couldn't think of anybody's name.. and I was like "aw man I'm gonna get kicked for this..." LOL! So um yeah I'm making you #3 now LOL.. unless you've already done it... then... don't... bahaha
Post a Comment