The PCC put on a ride called "Haunted Lagoon" for Halloween. This is the first time PCC has done this and it turned out to be a GREAT HIT! They advertised on TV, radio, and the Internet. I heard students talking about it on campus and ANYONE I talked to said it was "AWESOME" and "TOTALLY WORTH YOUR MONEY". Not ONE PERSON gave a bad review, so I put together a group and decided to go Thursday night. Everyone bailed out except for Rachel! I was SO GLAD Rachel could still go because I didn't want to go alone. Ha. Then a friend of Rachel's, Ben, met up with us and my friend Andrea called me and brought 3 of her friends along, so it turned out to be a group of us going anyway! Isn't my back drop picture great?!?! When I saw the Joker, I wanted to be that for Halloween. SAWEET costume!
Rachel and I got to the PCC at 6:45 pm. The ride was $8. Ben showed up an hour later and Andrea and her friends came at 8:15. They cut in line with us. We waited in line forever and finally got on the canoe at 8:40 pm!!! There were TONS of people there! They were running 3 canoes and there are 5 people on each row, and approximately 8 rows. I sat on the edge! BRAVE SOUL! It was so fun, I can't even tell you!The ride lasted about 30 minutes. The water is about 3-4 feet deep, so we could see the ground. I was looking for people hiding in the water, especially since I was on the edge! They did SUCH a good job with everything. They had creepy music, fog, lights, graves, skeletons, rocking chairs, and people hiding in every stinking spot you wouldn't even think of. There were people in the water dressed as plants! They came to the freaking canoe and grabbed my legs! I SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER! It was great! They had people running towards us on land and would jump in the water and scare us. We would go under bridges and there were people hidden up underneath the bridge and touched the top of my head. I didn't scream at that part, I just thought the person behind me was trying to freak me out. Ha ha!
They had JASON with a chain saw, and people with blades swinging at us. They grabbed a girl out of the canoe and drug her across the yard and pretended to cut her up. That was staged, obviously, but at the time our whole canoe was shocked and screaming. It was too funny! They had people harnessed and would throw themselves over the bridge and hang in front of us. Almost like they bungee jumped and were hanging in mid air. INCREDIBLE! They had little children playing with a jump rope and a strobe light was flashing on them and when they saw us, they started walking towards us holding their arms out. That was creepy because they were children.
At one point the canoe pusher pushed our canoe toward a Freddy Crougar looking thing holding a blade and splashing water. People in our canoe were screaming "Don't push us towards him!!! AAGGHH!!!" It was so scary. Of course, I'M THE ONE right in front of Freddy Crougar guy and he holds his blade in front of my face and I was screaming at the top of my lungs, people were laughing. Why do you scream when you know it's fake? It's the THRILL!!!
I was extremely impressed with the ride. The first night, 1,200 people came and they had to turn away 400 people because they only run the ride for 2 1/2 hours each night and couldn't get everyone on. The ride is for one week only. I think they should do it for the whole month of October next year. What I thought was really cool is the couple missionaries are helping with the ride to cut costs. They are on missions, serving the Lord, and serve at the PCC everyday anyway, so they helped with the ride too. I am so happy the PCC is making money off of this and that it turned out to be a hit. They have been hurting the last few years, and whoever thought of this Haunted Lagoon ride is a genius.
Tomorrow, a group of us are going to a Haunted House in town. That will be a real treat and I'm sure 100 times scarier than the Haunted Lagoon. I'll have no voice by tomorrow night from screaming!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Cute guys too Lins. :)
That sounds awesome! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment