I have been a HUGE ASU Sun Devils fan since the day I was born. My parents have been ticket season holders for more than half my life. It was my dream to attend ASU and become a Sun Devil. Instead, I went to BYU Hawaii and became a Seasider. Whatever that is. Anyway, Saturday the Devils played one of the EASIEST teams in the world...University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). There should have been no doubt ASU would trample them. Instead, UNLV scored a touchdown with 18 seconds left and then won in overtime on a blocked FG. ASU LOST 23-20!!! Are you kidding me?! So now the Devils are 2-1. I am so extremely disappointed I cannot even BEGIN to tell you. I wasn't able to watch the game, but followed the game from the Internet off my phone.I read an article where Coach Erickson said he takes blame for what happened. Well, whether it was the coaching or the players, either way we still lost. Unbelievable when they had a chance to be in the top 10. We play Georgia, who is # 3, next week. Great. They aren't ranked on the AP list but are listed as # 24 on the USA Today Poll. Lovely. It's over for them. Another disappointing season, but I'm still a fan.

7 comments:
I can't even tell you how bad that game was. In church Sunday we had a speaker who was telling about his conversion and how he came to ASU from St. Thomas and was the mascot Sparky at ASU for awhile. So at the end of the meeting Brother Kitchen says "well Brother Campbell since ASU lost we thought we'd make you feel better by having Sparky speak." It was hilarious. Everyone cracked up.
UGH. I'm still in a bad mood from that dumb game. Mom- you're welcome for making you leave early. I don't know about you, but that is one ending I'm glad I did NOT see.
And PLEASE fix your countdown.
Hey, You have to admit that was a great catch! I wish it had been one of our team. Glad you fixed your countdown.gml
Hey girlie, I'm so jealous that you live in Hawaii, thats AWESOME! Reading your blog totally makes me miss you, I've lost touch with way too many people! I'm glad to see all is well with you and hopefully we can get together when you come back
This is why I am glad I don't like football. It saves me so much heartache! ;) But as much as I try and try to stay negative about baseball I like watching it more and more every time. Dangit!
We have been going to ASU games since 1983 Lindsay. That would be before you were born. I guess that is still more then half of your life. What a disappointment!!! That is all I am going to say. :(
Post a Comment