Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dad @ the gym, Mom @ her funniest

I'm not sure if my Dad would appreciate this, BUT I am up to my STINKING EYEBALLS with homework and I need a break...

I am going to tell you a story that will make you laugh your head off. I laughed so hard I told EVERYONE & ANYONE who would listen.

To being, yesterday was my Mom's birthday (Sept. 8th). I'm not telling you her age. She looks great, huh?! Anyway, so as most of you know Hawaii is 3 hours behind AZ time and I had class yesterday from 9-12. My first class is D&C and when I got to class, I sent my Mom a quick text message to wish her a "Happy Birthday" because I knew I wouldn't be able to call her until my classes were over, and that would have been after 3 PM AZ time and that's lame. I'm her firstborn for Pete's Sake.

I text: "Happy Birthday Mom!" And my Mom writes back: "Thanks. So I get this call that your Dad passed out at the gym. The paramedics came. He's fine though." I'm like 'WHAT?!' I wanted to know what happened and I had to wait an entire 50 minutes for class to end before I could call her to get the scoop. Class finally ends and I called my Mom. She tells me most of the story, but I knew she was missing parts so I called my Dad to get the whole story.

My Dad said he went to the gym and rode the bike for about 20 minutes. Then he went over to the leg press machine (I think that's what he said, some weight exercise for legs) and he had 100 lbs on there and did 3 sets of 10. By the time he got to his 3rd set, he broke out into a heavy sweat and felt light headed. He said he knew he would black out if he stood up and he didn't want to fall and hit his head, so he stayed on the machine. The gym workers were having a meeting in the room where my Dad could go and get water. A gym worker happened to walk by and my Dad asked him if he could get some water for him. I'm not too sure what happened after this, but somehow my Dad laid on the floor.

The gym worker called 911 and the paramedics came. HA HA HA! My Dad was confused as to why they called 911. All he needed was water. The paramedics wanted to take my Dad to the hospital and my Dad said NO. Then my Dad told me the paramedic said, "Then why were we called?" And my Dad said, "I didn't call you. The gym worker did. Ask him." HA HA HA HA!!! I may not be telling the story word for word, but it's pretty close.

I asked my Dad if he ate something before working out and he said he had a bowl of Raisin Brand. He tends to not eat for long periods of time, so I thought maybe that was why he felt like he was going to pass out.

The funniest part about all this (7 paragraphs later) is this happened on my Mom's birthday. My Dad listed my Mom as an emergency contact, so the gym called my Mom to let her know what happened. The gym worker said, "Is this Jamie? And my Mom said, "Yes." Gym worker, "Well, your husband Hugh is at Anytime Fitness and he passed out on the floor." Mom, "Is this a joke??" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! She thought my Dad was playing a prank on her since it was her bday. The gym worker said, "No." Then my Mom said, "Well is he alright?" Gym worker, "Yes." Seriously, my Mom is freaking hilarious and you have to hear her tell any kind of story.

Then today, my Mom and I were chatting online and this was our conversation:

Mom: "Hugh tells me that yesterday when he was laying on the ground at the fitness center and the paramedics were there, he had his eyes closed and felt someone running their fingers through his hair and his first thought is "this better not be a paramedic" - so he opens his eyes and some lady who'd been working out is sitting on the ground running her fingers through his hair! Is that just plain weird or what? I MIGHT get a wet paper towel and wipe someone's face but if I don't know them I'm sure as heck not going to run my finger through his hair. So I teased him all night about it. Maybe she's a serial hair stroker.

Lins: "HAHAHAHAHA!!! When I talked to Dad he didn't tell me that!"

Mom: "Seriously, who does that? I told your dad I was not going to run my fingers through his hair until he washes it."
I have the funniest parents in the world and they crack me up! I love them to death! Hope your birthday was great Mom!! Use your Red Lobster's gift card soon :)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Okay so now your dad thinks he's a chick magnet because of the hair stroker! Of course I notice that he did not mention what she looked like. She could have been gray haired and 80!

Mom

cassie said...

I love this story. Dad might be mad at you though. Everyone laughed at him at work. Go look at my blog under "say what?" at my new dad quote. It kind of explains what mom said. We do have hilarious parents. Never a dull moment.

d.jo said...

I bet the 80 year old woman stroking his hair was really thinking, "It's okay, honey, I'm about to die soon, too." : )

So, Lins, I believe that you'll find us a place to stay...as much as I believe I'll find us plane tickets. LOL We finally got our reservation with Orbitz cancelled, after being transferred around for an hour with incompetent people. Either they're trained to give you a run around so you'll give up and not get your refund, or they really are stupid and have terrible customer service. Anyway, we were stalling on clicking the purchase button, because we wanted to guarantee that we'd be getting a refund for the other tickets first. 1 1/2 hours later we were exhauseted & didn't even click the purchase button. So, we'll get it together, too.

Tell your dad that I passed out after a 5K one time, and the paramedics had to give me oxygen & a banana. It happens to the best of us!

P.S. Pocket full of Sunshine is my class' favorite song when I play music & they work silently!

Arnett's said...

That is so awesome... I hope one day I can pass out at the gym like your dad!

Winter said...

LOL I love your parents! The funniest, strangest, most random stuff seem to happen to them... and they are able to make the most of it. =] Tell your mom happy belated birthday from me! And to start her own blog!!!!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the laugh! I laughed even harder when I read your moms comment to your blog...Chick magnet! Hilarious! Happy Birthday Jamie if you read this.