Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

GIRLS TRIP TO L.A.!!!

My Mom and sister and I went to L.A. for 2 days and had the time of our lives! Hilarious things happened. We left Thursday morning and just before we headed to the airport, I was cleaning out my wallet and noticed my license was missing! My Mom was so mad. She kept asking me all of these questions and Cassie kept saying, "Mom, you're not helping the situation." You CANNOT get through security without your license, so I was panicking. Keep in mind, it was 9:15 and our flight was at 11:15. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I misplaced it and remembered I had gone to the bank a few days earlier and they had made a copy of my driver's license and never gave it back to me. I call the bank and they can only open their vault at certain times of the day. You have GOT to be kidding me! LUCKILY, I was reminded I had a passport, so we went back home, I grabbed my passport, and we headed to Sky Harbor.

So everything's good right?! WELL.....we are going through security and one of the TSA people asks, "Whose bag is this?" My Mother rolls her eyes as I said, "Mine." I had deodorant and a 1 oz perfume bottle in a plastic baggie, but the baggie WAS NOT out of my bag. Apparently it has to be visible in one of the containers. Then a few seconds later the same TSA agent said, "Whose bag is this?" It was CASSIE'S!!! My Mother is appalled at this point and says, "What?! You guys act like you've never traveled before in your life!" Cassie had my Mom's eye makeup remover in her bag. The 3 of us packed in one suitcase and that was the bag that got checked because of my perfume. The TSA man checking our suitcase found the perfume and we had 2 boxes of TAMPONS sitting RIGHT ON TOP as he was searching. He embarrassingly said, "Um, you can just repack this." We were DYING LAUGHING! So was he and another worker. HILARIOUS!
PHX Sky Harbor Airport-
We get to L.A. and stood in line for a good 45 minutes to get the rental car! Unreal.

OUR FIRST STOP?
H & M
H & M is a clothing store and there isn't one in AZ so Cassie and I did some good shopping! We got really cute clothes for a decent price and spent a couple hours there browsing around and trying on clothes.
NEXT STOP?
Los Angeles Temple
My Mom had map quested everywhere we were going, except for the temple. So we called my Dad and he gave us directions on how to get there. The L.A. Temple is HUGE and has a tremendous amount of land. It was beautiful.



After the temple, we drove to our hotel to check in. On the way there, we were stopped at a red light and the car to our right had two men in it. The driver (A GROWN MAN) literally PICKED HIS NOSE and ATE HIS BOOGERS!!! Cassie and I were like, "MOM! That man just picked his nose and ate his boogers!" My Mom almost gagged. Oh my gosh it was so disgusting. I think he knew we saw him. Ha.
CALIFORNIA FREEWAYS
I love California, but there are so many stinking people, I don't know if I could live there just because of the traffic. I guess it depends on where you live, but L.A. is CRAZY! This is the traffic we hit on the way to our hotel.....
So the whole reason we went to L.A. was so my Mom and sister could go to the Stephenie Meyer book signing concert for the Twilight Series. I didn't go with them for 2 reasons: 1) I haven't read the series. 2) My Mom bought tickets before she knew I was coming home for the summer. They had A LOT of fun and got their books signed.

While they were at the book signing, I hung out with my former roommate Julie and her Mom. Julie is from L.A. so I called her up and we went to an outside mall with lights and it had a water fountain show (mini Vegas). It was SO FUN to catch up with her! Her Mom took us to The Cheesecake Factory and paid! I ordered a Strawberry Cheesecake and I was in HEAVEN!

GET THIS...
Julie's Mom asked where I was from and I said Arizona. She told me she was from Tempe, AZ, met her husband at BYU, and moved to Cali. I told her my Dad grew up in Tempe and she asked me what my last name is. I told her and she said "What is your Dad's name?" And I told her Hugh. And then she asked me to name my Dad's sisters, so I did, and she excitedly yelled, "I know your Aunt Karrilyn AND your Aunt Inagean!!!" CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! What are the odds? Her name is Carolyn and her maiden name is Bushman. Now she's a Snow. Small world! What's even MORE FUNNY is, Carolyn kind of dated my Aunt Karrilyn's husband, Kerry Wilson! She didn't like him like that and soon after they stopped hanging out my Aunt Karrilyn and Unlce Kerry got engaged. I was freaking out! What are the odds I was roommates with her daughter, Julie?! It was too cool! We got pictures, but they were taken on Julie's camera because my Mom and sister took my camera to the book signing. I will post those when I get them.

FRIDAY...
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD

I LOVE this place! I went for the first time in Dec. 2006 and I've been DYING to go back. I convinced my Mom and sister to go and buy the FRONT OF THE LINE PASS tickets. It was awesome! With this pass, you go to the front of each line and NEVER HAVE TO WAIT!! I wish Disneyland did that! It was great because we got to the park right when it opened and we were able to see everything! We had so much fun!!!

The Mummy Ride...SO COOL!
SpongeBob grabbed Cassie's thigh!! HAHA!!! The funniest part is, Cassie didn't say anything and let him hold onto her thigh the whole time while my Mom was taking the picture!

We went to the Sound Effects Stage Studio and I got to be in the show! I was SO EXCITED, yet WAY NERVOUS! I got to act out scenes from different movies. I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE! I would LOVE to act. This was my one time Hollywood experience.

I was told to open the curtains and scream when I saw the cat. I screamed LOUD! It was perfect! And then I had to hit the paw and fight the cat. It looks like I'm laughing. Ha.

Then I was put in front of a green screen and acted out the scene at the dining table in The Nutty Professor. My Mom said I did really well with this one and I could hear the audience laughing. It was seriously one of the coolest things I've done! I'm dancing at the table here.

Can I just say the host was GORGEOUS! Ask my Mom and sister. He was beautiful. And his name was Matt and he had blue eyes (*sigh*). Anyway, you can see the screen above me in this photo below and as you can see Eddie Murphy is the character and I'm sitting next to him using the green backdrop and Matt is telling me to chow down on a chicken leg.

Then I acted as an Egyptian slave who lifted heavy heavy stones. You can hear Matt say, "Lindsay, my goodness, those stones are heavy. How are you lifting them above your head like that?" I didn't hear ONE WORD he said because there were sound effects and lightening was going off, but you can hear him say it in the video:
We rode the new Simpson's ride, which replaced the Back to the Future ride, The Mummy, Jurassic Park (super wet ride!), took the Movie Tour on a tram (they were filming Desperate Housewives!), watched tons of shows (Shrek 4D, Terminator II 2D, Backdraft, Sound Effects).



Jurassic Park Water Ride-
BEFORE

And, AFTERDon't we look beautiful?

SO FUN! THANKS MOM AND CASS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! That was such a good trip. Imagine what would have happened if we stayed longer than two days. We probably would have died in the rental car.

You forgot to add a couple of the funny things mom said, like, "She had a pretty face, don't you think? Weird shoes though." And my personal favorite, "Let me tell you what the very worst thing about you is..." What a good conversation THAT was. Ha, good post Lins. I think you got it all!

Anonymous said...

Hey! No comments about the driving. And I have to say that the backseat drivers in my car were the worst drivers on the road!! That was a great time though. Wish we could've stayed longer in the much cooler weather. Lindsay you rocked in the special effects thing at Universal. The pictures don't do it justice.

Mom

Rachel said...

I am jealous they got signed copies! We went and did the party at the changing hands bookstore here in town. Sounds like your adventure was more fun. I hope that I can do that with my girls someday. Your mom is so cool and your have to love her honesty. I laughed at cassie's comment about your mom. "Let me tell you the very worst thing about you is...." That cracks me up!
Glad you survived and are having a wonderful time. I also hope that you find your drivers license!