Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back in paradise...sort of...

I flew back to Hawaii today. I didn't go to bed until 2 am, got up at 5, left the house by 6, ran by Southwest Airlines Cargo where my Daddy works to say one final goodbye, and then went to the airport. Boarded the plane and sat next to quite a large man. I was quite annoyed. He wasn't fat, just tall and stocky. He was part Hawaiian if you catch my drift.

I texted both my parents, "Great. I have a big man sitting next to me. Kinda chubby but not fat. His elbow is on the arm rest AND he is spreading his legs apart. This should be fun." My Dad texts back, "Fight for your space!" And my Mom wrote back, "Ask to move." I was DYING LAUGHING inside. My parents are pretty cool and freaking hilarious!! Turned out, he was a very nice guy and talked to me some.

My Dad told me to look out my window as the plane was taking off down the runway, even though I had an aisle seat, and I would see him jumping up and down in front of the Southwest Airlines Cargo building waving to me. I DID NOT SEE HIM AT ALL! When I landed, I called him and told him I didn't see him. He was so disappointed and told me he acted like a dork for nothing. I hope I am as cool and funny as my parents when I have my own kids someday. Did my Dad honestly expect me to see him? He would have been the size of an ant! And those planes move so fast, there was no way. But he gets an A in my book for trying :)

My roommate Sumbel and a friend picked me up. We ate lunch at Wendys and then came home. Sumbel had washed my bed sheets for me, I was so happy! I unpacked a little and then headed to school to get my books. Didn't buy any books because the Internet was down at the library on campus and I needed to pull up my classes before I purchased the wrong books. I was bugged.

Then I decided I needed to go to Costco. Crystal and Sumbel came with. I spent $102.00. There goes my bday money Mom and Dad!!! So I guess, thanks for the groceries! Since I came home for 2 months, I had NO FOOD in the house and desperately needed to go shopping. I hope I can eat everything I bought at Costco. Buying for one person there isn't very easy. Everything comes in huge quantities, but it's still cheaper than shopping at Foodland, our local grocery store. I saw my friend Natalie at Costco and I haven't seen her in 4 months, so that was cool! Then we went to WalMart. I just bought computer paper.

I came home, unloaded groceries, dug through my suit case to find some pajamas, wrote this post, and now going to bed! It's midnight here, so technically it's 3 AM for me right now. I'm wasted!

Glad to be back! Like my Dad said...I'm only here for 3 1/2 more months and time is going to fly! I sure hope so. I'm ready to be done with school. December 13th sounds so far away, but I know it'll be here before I know it.

I'm taking 2 religion courses, Doctrine & Covenants and Achieving Eternal Marriage (this should be interesting), 4 accounting classes - 1 of which is an online course, and 1 elective. My brain hurts just thinking about it.

ALOOOOOOHHHAAAA!!!!

2 comments:

Everton Family said...

I'm so glad you made it back safely. Happy birthday...that's cool that we both have Aug. bithdays. 24 is NOT old! You are still a baby! December will be here before you know it. Hurry home and date my brother!

Anonymous said...

Aloha! Well you might be bumming about all the classes but Dad and I are jazzed about coming out to pick you up in December and, oh yeah, attend your graduation. :) And thank you for thinking that we are cool and fun . . . because we are!