Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend!!

Being home was quite an adjustment for me, ya know, the heat, parents, rules, getting along with everyone, it was QUITE THE WEEK!!! But I love being home :) I've been busy visiting with friends and family, working out, and trying to study for my online class...I have yet to succeed with the studying part!

*WARNING* Long post ahead...

My family and I went to see HANCOCK with Will Smith on the 4th of July. We had quite the adventure! We went to AMC Grand 24 near the 60/Stapley, get there early, get good seats, and the previews begin at 1:55 pm. The sound was SO LOUD the speakers were cracking. My Dad got up to tell someone and later told us there were people that had already complained. The staff try and fix it, the movie starts. Then the speakers cut out, we hear muffled voices, they get loud, and then drown out again. We're a good 10-15 minutes into the movie at this point and all of these people start walking out, the sound was that bad! I was entertained watching them file out. Our family gets up and goes to get our money back and by this time it's about 2:20 pm. They inform us they have another showing at 2:45, so we stay. We have to watch previews and the first part of the movie ALL OVER again and finally left the theater just before 5 pm!! It was crazy!! The movie was good though. We ran into a friend at the movies and invited them over for a BBQ and watched the D-Backs game.

FIREWORKS

Connor and I were the ONLY ONES that wanted to see fireworks. The rest of the Levi crew were absolute party poopers. No bad comments on my blog, poopers!!! So we leave at 9 pm, totally late to see anything good, but we drove by Mesquite High School, parked in the grocery store lot and waited for an "exciting" show!

Connor and I before the show, excited as ever, literally!
And we see THIS, every 3 minutes...
The saddest part, I think this was the biggest one we saw :(

We were NOT impressed.

BUT...we still had a good time and got Sonic drinks afterwards.

AZ Diamond Backs GAME

Then my awesome Dad bought D-Backs tickets for the WHOLE FAMN DAMILY and we went on Saturday the 5th! The 4 of us kids sat in one section and our parents sat in the section right next to us. My Dad scored a T-shirt from the cheesy lame cheer girls. Ha. He pretty much stole it from the man holding his hand out from behind him. Cassie witnessed it and we were dying laughing. Then our Dad looked at us with pride and held up his so awesome D-Backs shirt! Way to go DAD!!!
Unfortunately, the D-Backs lost, but we all had fun going to the game as a family. We haven't done something as an ENTIRE family in awhile, so I was glad everyone was there. And, YES, we were all matching and we laughed our heads off in the car on the way to the game because we felt like we were little kids whose Mom made them wear the same clothes. Seriously, we were the cutest siblings there!!! Connor is so proud to be taller than ALL 3 of his sisters :)

Debra Jo & Tyson's Birthday

My BEST FRIEND, Debra Jo, turned 24 on July 6th and her first born son, Tyson, turned 1 year old!!! He was born on her B-DAY after a long 2-3 days of labor last year! I'm sure she was glad she wasn't in the hospital this year on her b-day :) I hadn't seen Tyson since Christmas and he is seriously the cutest kid ever and he's so lovable! AND, he's walking!! Time flies.
Mitchell, Debra Jo, little Tyson, Lins
When I saw Tyson, I held out my arms and he shook his head no. I was so sad. He didn't know me, so he did not want me to hold him. Debra Jo kept saying he would warm up to me, but she had some family over, so Tyson didn't come to me until they left and even then it was hard to convince him...UNTIL...I started playing with him. I was tossing him on the chair and he was having a ball! I LOVE that kid!!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You finally posted again! I loved your post it was entertaining as always! We actually took our family to the d-backs game on the 4th and watched the fireworks show there. It was a great show...the Diamondbacks got slottered though. Glad you are home! Maybe I will get to see you at Clints reception!?

Anonymous said...

Well I would just like to say that since the fireworks show was so pathetic I'm not the least sorry for being a "pooper." Anyway, it's too hot here to sit out and watch them. I'm glad you're home and that we had a good time this weekend.

Mom

~ Natalie ~ said...

HAHA I was laughing so hard at that post! I love that you got a kick out of watching people leave the movie and then did the same thing yourself!! Oh and too bad your fireworks show was lame :) I went to my grandma's for the 4th and went to a parade and then watched the longest fireworks show ever! Seriously it was longer than 40 minutes! and there wasn't much down time like you spoke of :P Anyways, I'm glad you are having fun at home :)

Anonymous said...

Love the family pic at the top. Connor may be taller than the girls but he has a way to go to beat good old Dad. yes he still has a lot of time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to me & Tyson, too...except, I don't really like seeing my name next to the number 24. Yikes. It's sounding worse every year. Oh, well, I need to just enjoy my 20's, I guess. Maybe I shouldn't complain until I'm in my 30's.

D-Jo