Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I LUV my Dad!

My Dad is one of the coolest people I know! One of the things I like most about him is that he is a hard worker. He has always worked hard for our family and for his kids so they could have what they needed. His parents definitely taught him how to work hard and how to be responsible! He is also VERY funny :) Sometimes he tries too hard, but for the most part, he makes me laugh. He's a PERFECTIONIST, honest, and he likes to be of service.
I have TONS of fun times with my Dad, here are just a few:

1) Rubbing his back, neck, head, legs, and feet every week!
2) He took me to FLORIDA for my Junior High graduation present AND he let me invite 2 of my best friends to come with! SOOO MUCH FUN!!
3) Going to "Bring your daughter to work day" at Southwest Airlines (BEST AIRLINE EVER!)
4) Shooting cans in the desert in St. Johns.
5) Letting me stir the car while sitting on his lap when I was little :)
6) Going camping up North.
7) Taking all 3 of us girls to a "Meet 'N Greet" at an after party to see N'SYNC in downtown Phoenix!!! We waited in line for almost 8 hours and Dad took us!! I will NEVER forget that! Thanks Dad!
8) Surprising Kelly and I with N'SYNC tickets in VEGAS!!
9) Giving Father's Blessings
10) Sitting in church and giving us the "evil eye". We knew when we were in trouble :)
11) Playing outside with the neighbor kids and hearing his whistle from blocks away. That's when we knew it was time to come home.
12) Every year for Christmas, our parents asked us kids what we wanted. Most of the time our "wants" are doable and EVERY YEAR my Dad says, "You're NOT getting that!" and EVERY YEAR we get it!!
13) Going to sports games together.
14) Holding my hand at the hospital when I had my bike accident.
15) Not letting me get my ears pierced until I was 14!
16) Helping me get a job to clean the floors at a hair salon so I could pay for my car insurance.
17) Holding me down until I couldn't breathe (He LOVED doing that). We wrestled.
18) Riding his back as a little girl.
19) Baptizing me and giving me the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
20) Co-signing my 1st car (Toyota Corolla)! That was HUGE!!
21) Killing gophers at the Merrill house!
22) Taking my Senior pictures when I graduated High School (He's a perfectionist and did a GREAT job!).
23) Going to the shooting range last year! LOVED IT!
24) Going to the store with him just for fun.
25) Driving to my car accident scene I had last year and helping me with everything.
26) My High School Graduation.
27) Family Washington DC trip.
28) Saying "NO" frequently when I wanted to spend the night at a friend's house...I'm over it.
29) Sharing his testimony with our family for the first time. He cried and it was special.
30) Help taking care of him after his snow mobile accident.
31) Bringing me to college
32) Surprising him at work when I came home for Thanksgiving last year! That was the best and you should have seen the look on his face!
33) Poking his neck and making him jump :)
34) Went fishing a few times and went turkey hunting once.
35) Laying grass in our backyard at the Merrill house.
36) Doing yard work with him.
37) Bringing Zazu home and letting us have a pet!
38) Disneyland trips!
39) Coming to Girl's Camp.
40) Letting me talk to him on the phone when I need to vent. He's a good listener.
41) Fixing my car (brakes, belts, battery, tires, etc.)
42) Pulling all of my teeth with dental floss when they were ready to come out and saying, "Almost got it!" Sometimes it took several pulls, ha.
43) Running after teenagers in a Gorilla Halloween costume after they destroyed and stomped on mine and my sister's pumpkins. Classic! He caught up with the kids, took their pillow cases of candy, and told them if they wanted their candy back, to bring their parents with them and apologize. It never happened, and we got the candy :)
44) Not being able to leave the table until we ate our food, especially the vegetables. One time, my Mom made spinach (gross) and I put the spinach in a napkin and asked to go to the bathroom. I threw the spinach in the garbage can while in the bathroom and Dad caught me. Haha! KIDS!
45) Rubbing his jaw on my body to tickle me :)
46) Always going above and beyond in helping his Home Teaching families. Service.
47) Getting upset at us for always being loud in the family room when he's passed out on the couch and then if we slept on the couch, he would tell us to go sleep in our rooms. HAHA!
48) Taking Cassie and I to General Conference. That was cool.
Family trip to Washington DC for the 4th of July. Dad was mad because kids were fighting. Ha! I LOVE this picture! We had fun Dad!!
Uncle Mark, Papa Levi, & Dad hunting for deer. One of my Dad's favorite things to do.
I posted this picture because he holds the phone like this every time he's on it.
Here he is playing with our Christmas gift, singing Karaoke. He is highly entertained, too funny! He even had the Karaoke Book List of Songs next to him, ready to sing the next one.
Something he doesn't get enough of...SLEEP!

Most of all, he loves my Mom, he loves his children, and he loves the Lord. He has always been faithful in his church callings and has honored his Priesthood and I love him for it. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!! Thanks for all you do Dad! I love you more than you know. I hope you liked my package! XOXO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lins! I'm glad you know how blessed you are to have him for a dad. And I have a HILARIOUS story to tell you about him. I can't tell it without laughing so hard I cry.

Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a tribute. I am glad that you have such good memories. Where did you get some of the pictures? The first one didn't need to be posted. I don't even know how old I am in that one. I think 7 or 8 years old. It's a good thing that the freckles grew together after that. Do you remember that a man on the street gave me a quarter for having the most freckles he had ever seen? I ran inside the house to tell my parents about the money and was running back outside again when I was asked where was I going and I said "to sell some more". Thank you for the kind words. Just 6 more months and you will have accomplished something that I never did. A college degree. Do the best that you can. The time is going to fly by and then this period of your life will be over. SO ENJOY IT. :)

I love you too.

Dad

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Lins! And mom wasn't lying about the laughing so hard she cried. It took her 10 minutes to tell me because she couldn't stop laughing long enough to get it out. It IS pretty funny though, so if she starts taking too long, call me and I'll tell you.

Oh, and he did NOT take all 3 of us girls to the meet n' greet. Just like when I didn't get to go to Vegas, I was not taken to the meet n' greet. But I'm over it. I just wanted to make sure that got cleared up. Ha ;)

Rachel said...

I laughed at the picture you posted of him holding the phone. Does he really hold it like that all the time? Hysterical! Very nice tribute to your dad!
Tell your mom i now want to hear the story that is making her laugh so hard. It must be a good one!

Nancy said...

That is by far Lindsay, one of the sweetest blogs I've ever read. What an amazing man. That's truly inspiring. I hope that I will give my wife and children the long list of memories that you have of your dad. I never had that sort of a list with my own. It would be so wonderful to break that.