Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cassie & Jeremy

This is Cassie's missionary, Jeremy, whom she met at EFY in Flagstaff in the Summer of 2006. He went to Highland High School and she went to Mesquite High School, which meant they didn't live far from each other so it was the perfect opportunity for them to date! I will NEVER forget the first time my parents and Connor and I met Jeremy. Cassie and Jeremy were going on a double date and they were going to play games at the park, so Jeremy wore a basketball jersey (with no shirt underneath) and some jeans/shorts he could get dirty in. Jeremy rings the door bell, and Cassie opens the door and invites him in so he can meet our parents. He is DYING at this point. First impressions are EVERYTHING! He walks into the family room and I'm staring at my Dad PRAYING he doesn't say anything to make the poor boy feel uncomfortable. You should have seen the look on my Dad's face, total confusion. Jeremy shakes my Dad's hand and says "hi" to my Mom. There was a little conversation, and off they went. Right before they leave my Dad said, "Cassie, do you have your cell phone on you?" Cassie said, "Yeah, why?" And my Dad says, "Oh, well just in case you get bored, call me and I'll come pick you up." Jeremy said, "Oh, THANKS!" HAHAHA! It was HILARIOUS, yet so embarrassing for Jeremy and Cassie was mortified!

Jeremy left for the MTC on May 20th. He was called to serve in Russia. I am so happy that he is currently serving a mission. Cassie is hangin' in there ;) Jeremy's Dad took his mission pictures, and Cassie was there, so he snapped a few shots of them together. I LOVE this photo and I LOVE these two to death!

-Cassie- You have ALL the reason in the world now to visit me in Hawaii! DO IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture too. And I have to say that Jeremy was a good sport and has survived all our teasing. Cassie can't afford to come visit you and I'm not going to make her get stuck at the airport by herself flying standby!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I tried my best. I didn't think that I would ever see the kid again after that first meeting but he was persistent. NO ONE will ever be good enough for MY Cassie!!! If she likes him he must be OK.

Anonymous said...

yeah, mom said it. plus you're coming out here at the times i would have gone out there. so thats not going to work. but this post is very sweet. i appreciate it. love you!

Rachel said...

So cute! I was laughing though picturing how the first meeting went. Your dad is so funny! Very good looking couple I must say. I feel bad for her just cause I can imagine she is sad. What a girl to be so supportive! Who knows maybe in a few years we will have a new addition to the family? lol...Lindsey I must say I wish I could keep up with you and your posting...I really suck at it. I have a ton of things I could post about but don't make the time I guess. I will try to be better....until then I will still keep living vicariously through you if you don't mind!