Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

A weekend of PURE FUN in Hawaii...

This weekend, Crystal and I went to Haleiwa to grab lunch and go snorkeling. Her husband works at a shop in Haleiwa called Surf-N-Sea and they were offering a free demo of stand up paddling. When you're in college and you hear the word FREE, you do it!!! So we went paddling instead. I was a little nervous because I've never paddled before and I've never tried surfing, so I thought for sure I would crash and burn, but I did great!! The instructor advised me to start out on my knees first and then to stand up. I paddled on my knees for like 20 minutes and Crystal kept telling me to stand up. I finally stood up and it was SO MUCH FUN...UNTIL, a big gust of wind came and my board was rocking against the water and it threw off my balance, so I fell. But, I only fell once :)
I am having so much stinking fun this summer! I LOVE IT!! I'm trying so many new things and it's awesome.

I'm thinking, 'Ok now, I do what?!'
Off I go...
Crystal and I paddling out
Are you kidding me? This is what we drove behind on our way to Waimea. We got a kick out of it and felt like the paparazzi after taking pictures.

After we did paddling, we drove to Waimea Beach and jumped off the big rock. This was the first time I had ever done this. The rock didn't look that high until I climbed to the top. Haha. I even got a video of it!!

Crystal jumps first, then a guy, then me. I hesitate, then go for it!
Crystal and I jumped together the second time we went. I'm the one whose butt is sticking out :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are braver than I would be! I hate the ocean unless I am safely on the beach where I am in control! I don't mind going out a little bit but truthfully it freaks me out! Had a bad experience snorkling once and it ruined it for me! Glad you are having such a great time! Wish I were there to enjoy the weather!

Anonymous said...

Okay I've decided I want your life for awhile!! When I watched the video I was a little nervous. You looked like you were too close to the rock!! Have fun.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Your so cool - you always have been though. So glad your living such a fun life!