Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Skimboarding @ Castle's

Every Friday after Auditing Class, a few of my accounting friends and I do something fun. Today we went to Castle's Beach and Crystal taught Kai and I how to Skimboard. Skimboarding is supposed to look like this:

Beginner & Pro









I tried skimboarding a few times, and this is what happened...

BUT, I didn't give up :) I only fell hard like that twice and I skinned my elbow and my knee. The other times, I could get on the board, but only for a few seconds and then I would lose my balance. It takes a lot of practice to get on the board and stay put and I got discouraged a few times, but it was so much fun!!!

We also swam in the ocean with boogie boards and saw huge turtles, about 4 or 5 of them, only 20 feet away from where we were. The turtles kept popping their heads out of the water and we got a really good look at them. I wish I had my snorkeling gear with me so I could see them underwater, but it was still pretty cool. I love it here!!
Me & Kai

Me & Crystal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried skimboarding once...I fell a lot too. I'm jealous that you are having fun this summer, but not jealous about all the cockroaches that come out in the summer! :P hehe - Andrea

Anonymous said...

Why did we not let Connor try this while we were there? He probably would have been very good at it. Cute friends by the way.

Mom

Anonymous said...

You're almost a pro--that's way braver than me. I would rather not try...I can't even roller blade, let alone imagine trying to glide across the water.

Deej