Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fa La La La La...La La...La...La

Update!

Reason why I haven't been blogging: MY LAPTOP CRASHED :(

This is such a huge bummer, I'm so depressed about this. I have over 2,000 photos, several documents, tax returns, iTunes, pretty much MY WHOLE LIFE is on this hard drive that decided to stop working. BYU Hawaii college years. Vacations. Family. Engagement and Wedding. Misc photos. All on the hard drive. Some are replaceable, many are not. And no, I don't have ANYTHING backed up.

Whoever came up with the saying "when it rains, it pours" is absolutely, positively, 100% correct.

Who gets married when the bride AND groom are both unemployed?! Um, that would be US! And I'm so glad we didn't let the cares of the world alter our decision of when to get married. No matter how hard it has been, it has been worth it and I mean that. Trials stink, but I've learned a lot these last 5 months. Believe it or not, I've learned to be more patient and loving, I've learned to forgive more, to be happy no matter what your situation is. Most of all, I've learned to be more grateful. It has been a humbling experience for me.

That doesn't mean I haven't cried, kicked and screamed, or felt like giving up the whole way through now :)

I'm happy to say things are finally looking up over here, even after I got my computer news today (ugh). Mike and I have been married for 2 months this Thursday. 2 months!! Haha. Married life is great though and I'm more and more thankful for him each and every day.

I was unemployed for 134 days. NOT ANY LONGER PEOPLE! I started a new job yesterday (Monday) and for confidentiality purposes, I won't be posting where I work. If you want to know, email/text/call. It's hard starting a new job when the only job I have ever had was the tax and accounting job I worked at since I was a senior in high school. But it has been a great change and I'm learning. It is much better than sitting at home applying for jobs and watching re runs of murder shows for hours on end. I heart my murder shows, but I was getting extremely bored, especially after we got back from our honeymoon.

Mike is still attacking the job hunt. No success as of yet. He is taking summer school at CGCC, Summer I & Summer II, and passed Summer I with all A's (Jazz and American Popular Music & Calculus). I was so proud of him!!! He is much more book smart than I was when I was in school. I hope our kids take after him. I will only be able to teach them that 2 + 2 = 4 and what debits and credits are :-) He will finish CGCC this Fall and plans on attending ASU in Spring 2012. He has applied, but we haven't heard back yet. We're crossing our fingers!

I have LOTS to post about so if my pictures end up getting saved, up next is:

Wedding Day
Honeymoon
Scott's High School Graduation & Eagle Project (Mike's brother)
Sedona trip with the Fowkes
4th of July and more!

5 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I'm glad things are looking up and you found a job! :)

Ellsworth Family said...

Major bummer about the laptop! I hope that you can save it!!
Congrats on the job! I am anxious to know what you are doing!
PS: I need your address so I can finally send your wedding gift...better late than never right?! :)

Jamie said...

Things will get better. The best thing is you found your best friend and forever man during one of the hardest times in your life. That is a tender mercy . . . so remember that as things slowly improve for you. You have achieved the most important thing, everything else is small stuff and you will survive that too.

Love you.

Mom

Sherri Romney said...

Oh Linds. I am SO glad that your job is working out. I know it is always hard to start something new and foreign, but you will get in the groove in no time. I loved reading your post and I can totally relate to a lot of it.
I wanted to thank you for coming to see me at the hospital. And for bringing me a much needed meal and shake. I really appreciate your friendship and I only hope I can be as good of a friend back to you. You are and always will be one of my closest friends.

d.jo said...

You're so cute. I'm trying to imagine you kicking and screaming on the floor sometime within the last 134 days. I agree with your mom that it's special that at least when everything else as blown up that you have Mike, now. It's cool.

At the same time, I certainly hope you don't lose all of your pictures and that your laptop "gets better soon". : )

Love ya!